ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

How to automatically move specific files from c:\users\username\documents

(1/3) > >>

dcwul62:
The output of a tool that I use, always being .png files, is defaulted to c:\..\..\documents.
I know that I can entirely move the folder, e.g. from c: to some other partition, like d:

In my case, that is not really a good option: I only want the .png files be moved to a different drive
and it should be done automatically.

I have really no idea if that's possible, or whether I should run some tool in the background or what.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

(p.s. I am not sure if this is the right place to ask)

tomos:
Use a backup programme that can monitor the folder & move the files. I use Syncovery for backup (not able to check right now, but 99.9% sure it can do that).

dcwul62:
Just also found a tool named DropIt.
Got it working, partly only: when configured to monitor a folder, it copies the files in there alright.
However, regretfully I could not find a setting that it will only monitor that folder and nót process any subfolders in there.

Probably there are a few other tools around, but they are payware.
Though the price may be justified (because those tools can do a -lot- of other things as well), for this one and only task, well, I tend to first look for 'free solutions' that are also lightweight.

I have SyncBackPro, the installation-file is close to 27MB and it typically is something to run as a separate session, backing up your entire system.

-

tomos:
I have SyncBackPro, the installation-file is close to 27MB and it typically is something to run as a separate session, backing up your entire system.
-dcwul62 (November 12, 2017, 06:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

from the Syncback comparison page, for the pro version:
Real time Backup/Sync when files/folders change
--- End quote ---
https://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/compare.html

I presume they would have a 'move' option -- I just checked and Syncovery does do this:
I use it for monitoring important files/folders, but for backup with versioning. FWIW: currently using 11mb in the tray, cant say I ever been bothered by it doing its job.

antekgla:
Just also found a tool named DropIt.
Got it working, partly only: when configured to monitor a folder, it copies the files in there alright.
However, regretfully I could not find a setting that it will only monitor that folder and nót process any subfolders in there.
-dcwul62 (November 12, 2017, 06:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you want to ignore subfolders of monitored folders, you can select “Always process folders and not scan them” from Options (“Main” tab) and add the following association as the only one for folders

How to automatically move specific files from c:\users\username\documents

Source: Dropit Website

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version