Home | Blog | Software | Reviews and Features | Forum | Help | Donate | About us
topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • November 22, 2017, 08:59 AM
  • Proudly celebrating 10 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: PokéWorld - Pokémon MMO...On Discord!  (Read 283 times)

Stephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
PokéWorld - Pokémon MMO...On Discord!
« on: November 10, 2017, 08:50 PM »
Well, Discord is aimed to be for gamers, but when it comes to the platform, there is no real way to play anything fun through it...well...that's what I thought!

Bored one night, I was googling around for Discord Bots to add to my server to give me something to do.  After a while I stumbled upon a random one  called PokéWorld.  Now, at first, I thought it was going to be something stupid like "just type a command, get a random pokemon, and go about your day"...but I was wrong...so very very wrong!

Curious..I added the bot to my server, and located the command to start it...at which point I was met with

1.pngPokéWorld - Pokémon MMO...On Discord!

Hmm...this is interesting...not quite what I expected!...So, l let's get on with it...I wonder where I can choose?

2.pngPokéWorld - Pokémon MMO...On Discord!

Holy crap...OK...I don't really know what any of these contain, so...I picked a random one!

So...clicking through some more stuff...I finally got to this:

3.pngPokéWorld - Pokémon MMO...On Discord!

Nice...so I have things!  Oh, and I also got my starter Pokémon too!

4.pngPokéWorld - Pokémon MMO...On Discord!

Now, I guess it's time to see what the hell I can do!

5.pngPokéWorld - Pokémon MMO...On Discord!

Hmm, ok, so, I can travel around the areas, fighting and catching pokemon, and becoming the very best, like no-one ever was!

---

I would add more screenshots into this mini-review (or whatever this just became), but...it's kinda pointless...because that bot was Alpha, and they are VERY close to releasing Beta, which, for a Discord bot, is VERY advanced.

The community they have there is fantastic, and the developer (this guy: https://github.com/Bioblaze) is brilliant at what he does!

For those curious about following the development (and maybe playing!), then join their discord here: https://discord.gg/wPxWcXc

Overall Rating: 4/5 Stars (For Alpha) - No rating on Beta due to it not being released yet!

Highly recommended for those looking for old-school text-games mixed with MMO/Modern games!

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • The Blog of Deozaan
    • Donate to Member
Re: PokéWorld - Pokémon MMO...On Discord!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 11:55 AM »
So it's a Pokemon MUD?

Stephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: PokéWorld - Pokémon MMO...On Discord!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 04:28 PM »
Erm, yeah, I guess essentially it is.  :D