topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:38 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Sending PageDown command in Post Capture CommandLine option  (Read 4205 times)

viau2555

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Sending PageDown command in Post Capture CommandLine option
« on: November 04, 2017, 11:43 AM »
I've searched this Forum in vain, trying to find a way to simply send a PgDn command after a Screen Capture. Just can't seem to find the solution. Certainly I am not the first one trying to do that. The idea is to capture each page of a pdf document on full screen mode. For each page I must trigger a Screen Capture and than trigger a Page Down. And loop like this for over 560 pages. Each extra PgDn button to press is cumbersome and could be avoided if I could arrange ScreenShot Captor to send a PgDn to Acrobat for automatically changing the page after the capture is done. Even better I could AutoCapture the pages and than send a PgDn. This would minimize human intervention to a simple start. So, basically, the question would be : How can I send a PgDn key to Acrobat using the Post Capture CommandLine tool ? Or, is there another way to do this ?
Thanks for your help

ralfs

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Sending PageDown command in Post Capture CommandLine option
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 03:37 PM »
I would use acrobat to save the pdf as separate pictures, but what is the sense of making pictures of 560 pdf-pages?
Ralf

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 03:41 PM »
Sorry, missed the command line bit. (i.e. ignore this post)
Tom
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 04:21 PM by tomos »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 02:25 AM »
You have some options.

First things first, Screenshot Captor might not be your best bet -- you could possibly more easily script MiniCap, the commandline brother of Screenshot Captor.
That still leaves you having to script something that can send PgDown to your pdf reader window.  AutoHotKey would be a good solution and there are some expert AHK scripters here that could help.

Another alternative to MiniCap would be my Automatic Screenshotter tool.  Configured properly you wouldn't even ever have to trigger the captures since they would happen automatically every time the window contents changed.  With it running you might even find that you could simply press PgDown yourself manually repeatedly since that's all you'd ever have to do.

But again, AHK would make easy work of sending the PgDown key to the reader repeatedly.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 02:33 AM »
The scrolling capture feature of Screenshot Captor should get you what you want to achieve, but it will produce 1 very long image file.

Combining the commandline version of Screenshot Capture (minicap) with my WinSendKeys could produce you a screenshot per page, it'll require some experimenting, but you'll get there :up:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 02:47 AM »
The scrolling capture feature of Screenshot Captor should get you what you want to achieve, but it will produce 1 very long image file.
Yeah for 500 pages, that's going to run out of memory with a scrolling capture.

viau2555

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 08:29 PM »
Thank you all for your suggestions. I finally managed to program the END key as a trigger and scrolled 500 pages pressing END and PGDN on after another 500 times. It sound more scary than it really is. At 1.5 second interval per page that is only 750 seconds. Took like 15 minutes to do. If I had to do that many times I would with a scripting tool and VBA to sendkey. Thanks again.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 08:02 PM »
...I finally managed to program the END key as a trigger and scrolled 500 pages pressing END and PGDN on after another 500 times. It sound more scary than it really is. At 1.5 second interval per page that is only 750 seconds. Took like 15 minutes to do...