ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone familiar with Excel? [Case Closed]

<< < (3/5) > >>

dantheman:
Thank you Pierre.

A simple point here (i hope)...
The "reserve to start with" tab has items to be assigned/transferred to the months of the year.
Once the date assigned, they are manually copy/pasted to their respective months.
The next step is to clear those assigned from the "reserve", thus leaving empty spaces/lines.
In order to fill the empty spaces, so far, all i can do is to manually copy/paste up the remaining to be assigned.
What would be helpful is to have these automatically be "upped".
If the ones that are finally assigned could be transferred automatically to their respective months, then maybe that would facilitate the "upping" of those waiting to be assigned in the "reserve" tab?

PPLandry:
Hi,

The use of tabs and moving items from one to the other just doesn't seem right. Is there any reason you approaching this in this unusual way ?
Would it not be simpler to have a flat list of items, with or without dates and use filters and/or pivot tables or other means to see monthly / yearly reports

dantheman:
I'm open to suggestions Pierre.
This file is, however, the result of many hours of work with a friend who knows so much more about Excel than little ol' me.
That person has helped me in so many ways and when you find someone like that, it's not easy to go to someone else who might help you today and be gone tomorrow.

dantheman:
Just to openly express my gratitude to PPLandry.  :Thmbsup:
He has graciously offered some of his precious time and talent to offer a pleasant, simplified and most viable alternative to what i have been doing so far.

mouser:
Just want to say how nice it is to see people here helping each other out  :up: :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version