ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Post-capture pop-up dialog - Stays on top (cannot be minimized)

(1/2) > >>

pvv7937:
After capturing a screen image, the post-capture pop-up dialog appears.  It jumps in front of all applications, which is what I want.  However, I don't always want it to stay on top.  If I click on another application window, this popup should fall behind.  The minimize button for the dialog is greyed out.

Is there a setting that I am missing?

mouser:
You are right -- it should be allowable to minimize it.  Mainly the reason it wants you to deal with it right away is that SC can't really do OTHER stuff (like take additional screenshots), until you complete your selection.

Though let me ask you -- can you describe your workflow where you would want to minimize the pop-up window to attend to something else and then bring it back?

pvv7937:
Thank you for asking about workflow.

For me, I will almost always either capture the image to the clipboard or send to the printer.  My preference would be to have it sent to the clipboard automatically, but be able to still send it to the printer, later, should I choose.  As far as I know, you can only send the image directly to the printer by leaving that dialog box open.  If I am deferring the decision to print, I would like to be able to minimize the dialog window or get it out of my way.

mouser:
Try this:

Go to the options and find the "Post-Capture Options" tab.
On the left hand side near midddle down is "Copy to clipboard" -- choose the option you want.

Then go to the "Interface Options" tab and choose "After Capture Show: Stay Minimized" and SC will always copy your capture to the clipboard and stay out of your way and you won't even have to deal with anything when you capture.

And THEN when you want to print the last screenshot, right-click on the system tray icon for Screenshot Captor, and choose "Print last screenshot.."

bhbuilder:
I have similar workflow (80% of the time I want to copy to clipboard), but I add one other action: save to file. If this could be added to the right click on the system tray icon under 'print', it would help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version