ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Need something to delete "undeletable" registry keys

<< < (3/4) > >>

Josh:
I'd like to see a discount because $60 is a bit much for me to pay for a reg manager, granted it appears to be highly functional.

Darwin:
I've written to the author of Registrar Registry Manager requesting clarification about his licensing policy (on one page it says "updates for life" on another it says minor upgrades are free) and to ask about either academic licensing or a donationcoder offer. I've yet to hear back but I've got my fingers crossed. Like Josh I can't justify $60+ at the moment... I'll keep you posted.

kimmchii:
another alternative is Registry Workshop.

it would be great if someone can compare Registry Workshop vs. Registrar Registry Manager, for me i prefer Registry Workshop, the seach is faster and it has better layout.

Carol Haynes:
I've written to the author of Registrar Registry Manager requesting clarification about his licensing policy (on one page it says "updates for life" on another it says minor upgrades are free) and to ask about either academic licensing or a donationcoder offer. I've yet to hear back but I've got my fingers crossed. Like Josh I can't justify $60+ at the moment... I'll keep you posted.
-Darwin (July 22, 2006, 12:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

I hadn't seen free updates for life but when they recently upgraded from version 3.3 to 4 it was free to licensed users.

Darwin:
Hmmm... Interesting - thanks for the link to Registry Workshop, Kimmchii. It's certainly much more attractive from a pricing standpoint! I'm downloading it as I write this and am going to run it along with Registrar Registry Manger and see how they compare.

I'm off to eat my nang-myun right now... It's 6:30 in the evening and 39 degrees and I need something to cool me off!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version