Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 25, 2014, 06:28:52 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Heads Up: DonationCredits will change from 10 per dollar to 1/1  (Read 4819 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 20, 2006, 09:18:16 PM »

the original system of 10 donationcredits per 1 US dollar seemed like a good idea at the time but is unnesc. confusing.
we will be moving to a 1:1 equivelance in the next couple of days.

if all of the conversions go smoothly then it shouldn't inconvenience anyone and you'll just notice that your credits are now expressed as dollars (or partial dollars).  so if you had 100 credits, now you will have 10.00 credits (equal to $10).

hopefully this will be simpler for everyone.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 08:13:58 AM »

the change has now been made.
let me know if you encounter any issues.
vegas
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 10:43:34 AM »

thats a bummer, i preferred it the other way.
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 10:48:54 AM »

Actually, I did too. To be completely honest. Perhaps you could make an option for each user to select how they are displayed?

Strength in Knowledge
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 01:05:41 PM »

note you can still give out fractions of a dollar.
JavaJones
Review 2.0 Designer
Charter Member

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 02:57:54 AM »

As long as I can still give out fractions of a dollar it works for me. I wasn't really confused under the old system but the new one isn't confusing either. If some people had problems then I understand the change may be necessary.

- Oshyan

The New Adventures of Oshyan Greene - A life in pictures...
Baseman
Charter Member

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 03:25:02 AM »

I think that this simplifies the whole issue and is easier to understand...and find that it's easier to manage...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 03:28:45 AM by Baseman » Logged

GetBackData...Security Awareness...Beta Tester
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 04:17:29 AM »

i think it's easier to understand too.
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2006, 08:23:11 AM »

I have to admit I was confused when the donation credits first were implemented. I was under the impression that 100 credits was $1.00 and not $10.00. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised when I found out otherwise.

I think moving to a 1:1 system will be less confusing to newcomers that might make the same assumption that I did.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.034s | Server load: 0.06 ]