ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

Backup my data

(1/2) > >>

AndyFlick:
Hello everyone.
Thank you admin for introducing a new segment for us(MAC users). I am about to sell my Mac air in next couple of days. It carries of about 150+ gb of pictures, videos and other data. any idea of safely moving it to some other system ?? External harddisk is a rather slow process. please do suggest better ways
Thanks in advance.
Please reply the earliest.

Curt:
If "external harddisk is a rather slow process", then I suggest you keep the Mac.

tomos:
Hello everyone.
Thank you admin for introducing a new segment for us(MAC users). I am about to sell my Mac air in next couple of days. It carries of about 150+ gb of pictures, videos and other data. any idea of safely moving it to some other system ?? External harddisk is a rather slow process. please do suggest better ways
Thanks in advance.
Please reply the earliest.
-AndyFlick (October 06, 2017, 03:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do you have no backup of them already?
If not, go for it: copy them to the external HDD. That *will* take a long time - just leave it run for a day, or overnight.

Ath:
Assuming you have another system already (Mac or Windows?) you should network them together (avoid using WiFi on any end, wired is the most reliable and fastest way) and copy/move the files across. It will take time though, that's quite inevitable.

techidave:
Pretty certain MB Airs don't have ethernet ports.  Apple starting killing them a few years ago.  If he has Time Machine setup, then no backup should be necessary.  That is if it was setup to backup to an external drive of some kind.  It is making backups all the time.  Time Machine can be used to restore the files on a new/different MB.

but if he is changing to a PC, then it will be a slow process to copy those files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version