topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:58 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Finally: PORTABLE Revo Uninstaller on sale!  (Read 10624 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Finally: PORTABLE Revo Uninstaller on sale!
« on: September 24, 2017, 04:26 PM »
The portable version, Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable, has been wanted on sale for a very long time - and now it's here. And then I don't notice until the sale almost is over! Well, at least there're still another 9½ HOURS to get it at this favourable price:

$14.25 $69.25 http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/revo-uninstaller-pro-portable

If you’re relying on the uninstaller that came with your operating system, chanced are good that your computer is just filled with leftover files and other unneeded stuff that don’t get removed. That’s why you need to get today’s discount software promotion, Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable!

Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable lets you complete remove programs, including data left over following system attempts at uninstallation. With Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable, you’ll be able to avoid problems with updates caused by leftover program components, and finally get around to completely uninstalling trouble applications that you’ve had to put up with for a long time.

Best of all, Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable provides you with a real-time installation monitor that tracks all changes made to your system whenever you install a program, so you’ll always be prepared for a neat and clean uninstall. Throw in a junk files cleaner, and Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable becomes an indispensable part of your workflow!
-Bits du Jour

This is a very fine but also very seldom offer

disenchanted

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Finally: PORTABLE Revo Uninstaller on sale!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 05:25 PM »
I have their desktop/laptop version. A multi user [family?] license. I've had good success with it so far.
It does find quite a lot of extra garbage that is left by window's and the vendor's, uninstall programs.
Only one minor issue with the desktop version,  there was a licensing number mix up and they had to reissue 1 or 2 new license numbers.

I jumped in on their portable deal when it was available.  Hopefully it will use just the one license number , as it moves from one pc to another. Without having any problems like the other license did.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 11:51 AM »
and again! this time even cheaper:

81% Off
$ 69.25 12.95

http://www.bitsdujou...staller-pro-portable
-Bits du Jour

merely 14 hours left

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 09:46 PM »
merely 14 hours left

I wonder when v4 is due since their original estimation was 2017, 3rd quarter ... ie. 6 months ago.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 05:58 PM »
I wonder when v4 is due since their original estimation was 2017, 3rd quarter ... ie. 6 months ago.

It could be that also Revo has lost too many paying customers in the world wide change from shareware for PC to adware for mobile, so they maybe can't afford to have a lot of software authors work for almost no $$ customers. Revo Uninstaller Mobile is still at version 1, and seems to be free = no income. But yes, version 3 has been here for 5 years by now, so version 4 could be imminent. I have however not been able to find any mentioning of launching a new version for PC?

-----------
for Android: https://play.google....evouninstallermobile

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 08:58 PM »
I have however not been able to find any mentioning of launching a new version for PC?

It was under the comments for the previous deal:
Tihomir Hinchev @Mario Demi Our current estimations for Revo Uninstaller Pro 4 are for the third quarter of 2017. Still these are not exact dates but the new major version will not be released in the next 6 months. The development of version 3 is not stopped and there will be more free minor updates until the release of version 4
Nov 18 2016 at 12:25am

sphere

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 12:34 PM »
Revo Uninstaller Pro and Portable are both on sale currently at BitsDuJour
Pro is 67% off= $8.25
Portable is 30% off= $20.96

Are these still a favorite here?

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2019, 07:03 PM »
Are these still a favorite here?

Just upgraded my v3 portable to v4 because it's a better deal than the installer version, (you get a slightly better deal than BdJ if you already have a licensed copy).

The online database of installed program tracelogs, (although program versions are usually different), and inclusion of Windows Apps are a couple of good improvements in v4.

I've got licensed v3 installed version but on machines that run OS that won't be upgraded, (WHS2011).