ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Do you like/eat Sweet Potato?

(1/3) > >>

kimmchii:
The Sweet Potato Is King
A nearly perfect food that's low in calories and sky-high in everything else

If you don't eat sweet potatoes very often, or only at holiday time when they're smothered in melted marshmallow goo and baked until they're unrecognizable, you're missing out on one of nature's truly perfect foods. They're low in calories, high in fiber, great for diabetics and people who are carbohydrate sensitive, and packed with vitamins and minerals. So good for you is the humble sweet potato that Nutrition Action Healthletter once rated it the number one healthiest vegetable. Because it's so delectable and versatile, the sweet potato is one of my favorite foods.
--- End quote ---

http://www.prevention.com/article/0,5778,s1-3-71-108-2754-1,00.html

i didnt eat much sweet potato but i am going to eat steamed sweet potatoes as breakfast from now on.

so this was my breakfast this morning, just plain japanese sweet potatoes. :)

hornet:
My "normal" dinner is steak, sweet potato and broccoli.

So I suppose I must like sweet potato. (or I would have asked my "complementary one" to change the meal.)

Sweet potatoes have just about replaced the "normal" potato in my family's diet. (except when we have potato and leak soup - which id tomorrow night's dinner - I have now been informed.

... and I prefer their taste, too!

Harry.

PS Ugly looking things "in the raw" though ......  still, so am I!!!!

app103:
I have never seen purple sweet potatoes before, only the orange ones.

I like mine baked in the skins with concentrated orange juice & brown sugar.

mrainey:
They're very popular in the southeastern United States, where I live.  Taste great.

mouser:
damn i had no idea humans liked to eat these.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version