ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: extra window functions

(1/2) > >>

Edvard:
You know when you right click the button of a running task or the little titlebar icon and you get a dropdown that says Restore, Move, Size, etc? I want to add functions to that menu, specifically Move to Center (for those annoying times when I get a window half-off the *$%@#&% screen, and 'Move' doesn't %&$#@ work, BTW) but perhaps add calls to those third-party programs that do roll-up or vertical/horizontal maximize and other fancy window tricks. I realize that there probably is a prog that does this but I've not been able to find it.

mouser:
i use this freeware tool called "Discover" to move windows off screen back on screen:
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/3532/main/freeware.html

i used it for my laptop a lot. simple easy.

but now back to your idea-
i have started investigating the possibility of making a program that can add items to windows menus and stuff - part of a larger utility.  it's not going to be for a while though, but i hope you'll be around when we get it done to make suggestions.

Edvard:
Thanks for the link, although I must say Powerpro does the same (and about 2 million other things...) and since it is always running, that's what I use. I am excited to hear you've got something in the works, I think a lot of folks will find it useful. Out of curiosity, is this a long-running bug with Windows (author of Discover says it's peculiar to NT/95) or does it still occur with 'modern' Windows? I suppose it could happen by 'user error' (dragging something off-screen accidentally or when changing position of taskbar) and so still needs addressed now and then, but thought I'd ask. I know I ALWAYS have to use it when I run VirtuaWin and run the 'options'... the options window is the lower right-hand corner sticking out of the NW corner of my screen. (and I'm on NT4...)

mouser:
do you have multimonitor?

it's a common problem with apps not designed for multimonitor that when they try to display a dialog centered on screen it ends up half off.

other times it happens is when the last time it was on screen you had a different resolution.

Edvard:
Nope and Nope. One monitor and I haven't changed resolutions since the boss got me a flat screen :)
I just found out that Powerpro's Gui control allows me to right-click drag from any piece of the window. So as long as I have one corner, I can move that bugger... (I fear I am becoming highly dependent on PowerPro, but that may be a good thing...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version