topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:55 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: NANY 2018 Ideas Thread  (Read 11521 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
NANY 2018 Ideas Thread
« on: August 31, 2017, 02:36 PM »
Use this thread to suggest ideas for people to code for NANY 2018.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2018 Ideas Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 02:46 PM »
[EDIT: I HAVE IMPLEMENTED A VERSION OF THIS AND WILL RELEASE AS A NANY 2018 SO CANCEL THIS REQUEST]

I'd like to suggest that someone make a web-based clone of the new awesome two-player cooperative board (card) game called Codenames Duet.

codenamesduet.jpg

duet2.jpg
duetkey.png

Copyright restrictions will keep you from making this commercial or too wide spread, but you could start off with a clone and then we could all brainstorm how to let it evolve into something novel.

It's a terrifically fun programming challenge for someone looking for one.

You'll find a word list here:
https://boardgamegee.../codenames-word-list

Basic rules of the game:
  • A random grid of words is laid out for both players to see.
  • Each player receives a secret "key" telling them which of these words they want the other player to guess or avoid.  These keys are coordinated in the sense that there are a specific number that will be the same as the other player (read rules for details).
  • Then players take turns giving a clue to the other player of a specific form (see detailed rules) and the other player will try to use the clue to identify which card they should choose.
  • Players win as a team if they guess all the correct cards.

It's a really great game, that would translate perfectly to a two-player online experience.  An official web-based and mobile version will probably be released eventually, but this is a great project for coders of all skills.

The only tricky part is how fully you want to implement the multiplayer stuff.  You could make a basic version of this game that does not worry about handling any of the multiplayer coordination, and just let players communication over another means (telephone, chat) but let the computer do the work of presenting them with complimentary boards on screen (using a seed # that one player would tell the other).  And just have the computer help keep track of board state.

[EDIT: I HAVE IMPLEMENTED A VERSION OF THIS AND WILL RELEASE AS A NANY 2018 SO CANCEL THIS REQUEST]
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 06:57 PM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 02:00 PM »
Anyone have any other ideas for NANY?
I'm still thinking about ideas for what to do.. I have one cool game idea with some custom raspberry pi / arduino hardware that I'm hoping to have ready..

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 02:49 PM »
Well, I would have asked for (more) ideas too, but I have a project that I built earlier this year that I intend to publish for NANY 2018, and because of my new job, starting on October 1st, I'm uncertain how my spare time will end up ;)

Maybe I'll pick up a new idea/project from this thread 8) though it's a bit slim for now...

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 07:16 AM »
I need an app for from an english list of word in a txt file search those words in the dictionary (predetermined dictionary). Then create a new txt file with the meanings and even, if possible , create a apkg for Anki to learne those words.

I have in the past a program able to locate from a txt file the strings in tabs of Internet Explorer, so I think this is possible.

Usually the heavy part of learning vocabulary is prepare the list of word to learn with space repetitive learning.

Now I am reading the novel "The information" and writing down to a txt file any word I don't understand.

I need practice !!!!!!!!!!

The name of the program : Cardulario !!!!!!!

or Cardial

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 07:19 AM »
I need an app that control my 200 email accounts . I do with Thunderbird now. May be an addon too.
I wish to receive a audio alert , or a visual alert when I receive an email from predetermined contacts. In any of my accounts !!!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 07:26 AM »
The message I need in mind.

May be a simple txt file where I can add new messages.

When a new message appear in an alarm window i will have the opportunity to + importance or - less importance , or execute.
This will do that messages with more importance appear more times, and less importants less times. More important appear often.
I can configure the frequency these messages appear .

Best Regards

Note : Don't have to be tasks. In a virtual sense may be any question you need to solve.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 07:27 AM »
Well, I would have asked for (more) ideas too, but I have a project that I built earlier this year that I intend to publish for NANY 2018, and because of my new job, starting on October 1st, I'm uncertain how my spare time will end up ;)

Maybe I'll pick up a new idea/project from this thread 8) though it's a bit slim for now...
:tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :tellme:
Good Luck , Ath !!!!!!

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 07:29 AM »
Anyone have any other ideas for NANY?
I'm still thinking about ideas for what to do.. I have one cool game idea with some custom raspberry pi / arduino hardware that I'm hoping to have ready..

My dream come true !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need an arduino device for 3D sensor to measure locals and the software to control it.

Best Regards

Alternatives : Structure.io , Leica or Faro (very expensives !!!!!! )

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 07:45 AM »
 ;D

I don't know if this software exists. Probably not.

Recently, as you may know, one of my six monitors kaputt.

Kaputt The LG Flatron W2453V-PF .

I was in consults a large time with Asus technician until a moment I thought the best aptitude was the silence because I don't see alternatives except don't allow the suspension of the pc.

This monitor have a switch ON button by sensor.
Four monitor by simple button
And the fifth with button and tele control.

:P

The real interesting time after all these months with the problem is that I need to use the utility Don'tSleep for 64 bit to avoid the equipment enter in suspend state.

Even configurating the energy options to never suspend.

But now. with the rest of my monitors (five) my problems have ceased.

I remember the asus technician talking about monitor frequencies, complex compatibilities.

Ejem. A `program to determine this ?

;D

Note : Basically my problem consisted that when the system was suspended I was not able to recover the system or come back from the suspension. No possible to reboot and have to turn off completely the pc and the monitors. Then wait a time (a half an hour or so) and turn on the pc.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 07:51 AM by Contro, Reason: explanation »

Nod5

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 02:57 PM »
I'd like to suggest that someone make a web-based clone of the new awesome two-player cooperative board (card) game called Codenames Duet.

There are a few webapp clones of the regular (not duet) Codenames game with source on GitHub. Might save time to fork one and modify based on the Duet rules.

https://github.com/jbowens/codenames
webapp https://www.horsepaste.com/

https://github.com/ninjabunny/KodeNames
webapp https://ninjabunny.github.io/KodeNames/

https://github.com/siemanko/words/
webapp https://siemanko.github.io/words/

Edit: After a quick glance at some of the code for these I think the most tricky step in forking one of the above into a Duet version is to code a way to deterministically but (for human player brains) unpredictably map one seed generated grid to its "partner" grid while obeying the mapping rules in the image in mouser's OP.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 07:36 AM by Nod5 »

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
NEAR duplicate filter in lines of a txt file or similar
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 08:48 AM »
A clever duplicate finder of lines in a txt file.
Suppose you have lines in a text file. Somes are similar but not equal.
Suppose are quotes or wisdom phrases. Each one has an author and a content.
Sometimes the difference is a space, a symbol like "-" , "" itself, a little difference in the phrase finally.

I need a program to detect and logs all these similar phrases and the possibility to delete those lines in an organized way.

As you may supposed the parameters may be one or more. Parameters : The author, the content, the year, the origin, etc......

:-[

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
AI Autohotkey Trainer
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 07:56 AM »
AI autohotkey trainer for pc, android and apple.

Really when I need something I goes directly to the snacks section.....  :P

But sometimes I receive no answer and then I must learn the ahk language.

Why not in an attractive and interactive environment with the mascota of DC ?

He asks me and then I try to express what I want : manipulate text, manipulate folders, open programs, make a security copy.....

This may be an idea for versions of a helping program with a chat.

In computer's quotes is famous the Picasso one : The computer only give answers, not questions (or something similar...).

Edited : in proactive way. Like Duolingo learning system or the psyco games with conversations.
I think may be done paceship beginning with the fundamentals, and in posterior versions reach a mature level o something like that. Even rewarding points and the recognition of the points in DC as a degree or something....

« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 08:14 AM by Contro »

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2017, 01:42 PM »
A web browser that doesn't suck.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2017, 01:24 AM »
A web browser that doesn't suck.
Asking for that, you are destined to be building it yourself :o

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 02:04 AM »
 ;D
Not in this life.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 02:32 PM »
I repeat my post from snack coding here because is an idea for nany and a program I need for yesterday.
Best Regards :

Nany 2018 idea.

A sand clock.
Configurable count back time. For example 25 minutes.
When the count finish give an auditive warning . But don't lose the focus. Even is configuration consist in activate a warning window or emerging window. The sound or warning configurable.
Each time after that, if the user don't abandon pc work repeat the alarm sound every time, or the visual warning. For example if you configurate repeat the alarm every five minutes, the new alarm will sound every five minutes.
When I come back to the pc the program is able to recognize real keypressing or mouse movings. Then the time will began to count down again. The clock will put itself down to up again.

I haven't seen this in all the pommodoro technique software. I think this is simpler and give freedom in the rest period. The important thing is abandon the pc for a while and fight the sedentary life.

Post Data : I am tired trying to find this program. I think don't exist. Not as a pommodoro, not as a countdown clock.
Is not pommodoro because don't control the rest time.
And as a countdown timer I do not find the exact program.

The difficult thing may be to decide the exact interaction with the user.

And how to program the come back recognition of the user....

Requires a lot of imagination and management of the operating system.

Best Regards

P.D. The program was found by Ath and is perfect :

https://www.donation...?topic=44417.new#new

« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 07:58 AM by Contro »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 06:58 PM »
Cancel my request for a computer version of CODENAMES DUET above, I have implemented something similar and will release it as part of NANY 2018 :)