ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2018

N.A.N.Y. 2018 Announcement

(1/7) > >>

mouser:
Since 2007 we have held an annual event that we call NANY (New Apps for the New Year), where we ask the coders who hang out on DonationCoder to create some new piece of free software and share it with the world on January 1st of the new year.

NANY is really the funnest thing we do on this site, and it's one of the few times we can all play together.  There are no winners or losers, it's simply a celebration of programming and creating new software and sharing it with the world.  You can target any operating system (desktop or mobile) or even make a web-based tool.  It can be a game, utility, large application, whatever.  DC takes makes no claim on your software, it's just an event to encourage you to share a creation with others.  Best of all, everyone who participates gets a free commemorative coffee mug.

Browse previous year entries here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?board=323

mouser:
There is one big change I would like to make to NANY this year -- it's an idea I've talked about before, but I really do want to try it this year.

That change is the following: Any free-for-personal-use program that was first released ANYTIME IN 2017 (not including last years 2017 NANY entries of course), is eligible as a NANY entry.

This change will mean that coders are no longer "punished" for releasing programs throughout the year and won't feel the need to "hold back" a program until the final days of the year, and makes NANY more a celebration of the new programs that were created in the past year.

There is still much fun to be had by pushing yourself to code something new in the final days of the year -- but now we won't be dis-incentivizing hard working coders, and we will be celebrating all of the new software created throughout the year.

If we don't like the change we can go back to the original way next year.

c.gingerich:
Sounds good, I'll be using LSR. :-)

mouser:
Don't forget you can submit multiple NANY apps -- many of us do :)

anandcoral:
This change will mean that coders are no longer "punished" for releasing programs throughout the year and won't feel the need to "hold back" a program until the final days of the year, and makes NANY more a celebration of the new programs that were created in the past year.
-mouser (August 31, 2017, 02:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is very good and needed change. This will help many of us who have earlier abandoned their apps at the last time due to time constraint. We will also get lots more apps in the NANY 2018 list, which is waited anxiously by many bloggers and supporters of DC.

Regards,

Anand

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version