ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Microsoft Surface Pro problems

(1/1)

xtabber:
Consumer Reports has pulled their "Recommended" designation from Microsoft's Surface Pro devices and now recommends against buying any Microsoft tablets and laptops, based on survey results that indicate that as many as 25% will experience problems within the first two years of use.

In this day and age, that is shockingly bad for any computer, let alone one sold as a premium device, as this opinion piece from Computerworld notes.

And if you think that Microsoft is the unwitting victim of circumstances beyond their control, it seems they have been cutting costs by substituting pairs of 512GB SSDs for a single 1TB drive in their top of the line Surface models.

wraith808:
Microsoft disputed the study, saying the company’s return and support rates differ significantly from the Consumer Reports study.

“We don’t believe these findings accurately reflect Surface owners’ true experiences or capture the performance and reliability improvements made with every Surface generation,” the company said in a statement.

--- End quote ---

And with the findings being based on an 'estimated' failure rate from '90,000 users', I don't have confidence in their findings.  If they released their study, then it could be scrutinized.

Microsoft has never won my trust for its Surface line, and I see no reason to start buying its laptops now.

--- End quote ---

And that reveals the bias.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version