ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Edit this Autoexec.bat?

<< < (3/5) > >>

4wd:
Did you boot it?

Option 3, 4, and 5 on the install menu let you run it as a LiveCD - it will be *BASIC*, you will need to modify the image it to install any needed drivers (eg. CD, sound), etc.

Otherwise:

* use UNetbootin, Rufus, etc to install the FreeDOS 1.2 CD ISO to a USB drive and boot that.
* install FreeDOS to a VM, the FD 1.2 USB install file includes a VM image.
* use DOSBoxPortable instead.

hulkbuster:
Did you boot it?

Option 3, 4, and 5 on the install menu let you run it as a LiveCD - it will be *BASIC*, you will need to modify the image it to install any needed drivers (eg. CD, sound), etc.

Otherwise:

* use UNetbootin, Rufus, etc to install the FreeDOS 1.2 CD ISO to a USB drive and boot that.
* install FreeDOS to a VM, the FD 1.2 USB install file includes a VM image.
* use DOSBoxPortable instead.-4wd (August 28, 2017, 07:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
I tried using UNetbootin; selected  the CD image but still during bootup there is no option 3,4&5.
Using Dosbox wouldn't be a problem.
I used all the tool found here:
5 Tools to make a Dos USB.
Anyways i wanted a live  Freedos USB stick.
Its okay if u couldn't find a way.
 I'll use the old Freedos tht came with Rufus (lite ver).
 :-\

4wd:
Step 1) Download UNetbootin, run it, select FreeDOS from drop-down menu, select USB drive, click OK.-4wd (August 28, 2017, 12:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Option 3, 4, and 5 on the install menu let you run it as a LiveCD - it will be *BASIC*, you will need to modify the image it to install any needed drivers (eg. CD, sound), etc.-4wd (August 28, 2017, 07:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Edit this Autoexec.bat?

Alternatively:

Download FD12FULL.zip, extract FD12FULL.img, write it to a flash drive using Win32DiskImager, boot it, select the language, then answer No - Proceed to DOS on the next screen.

Either way you will need to modify it to do what you want.

Deozaan:

hulkbuster:
Step 1) Download UNetbootin, run it, select FreeDOS from drop-down menu, select USB drive, click OK.-4wd (August 28, 2017, 12:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

No - Proceed to DOS[/b] on the next screen.
Either way you will need to modify it to do what you want.
-4wd
Alternatively:
Download FD12FULL.zip, extract FD12FULL.img, write it to a flash drive using Win32DiskImager, boot it, select the language, then answer [b
--- End quote ---
Its clearly evident from the screen shot tht u're using Freedos 1.0 n the one they r providing is 1.2.
So i believe they did change certain things.
I tried every method.
U should try with ver1.2.
 :huh:-4wd (August 30, 2017, 07:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version