ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Good programs for helping you manage what programs start with windows?

<< < (11/12) > >>

Darwin:
Well, haven't done anything with it yet (it's times like these when I realize how infrequently I reboot my computer anymore), but will try to play around and post back. Best place for info on real world usage of this is the forum that PC maintains for their apps. Each utility gets its own board. This version of Startup Cop's board can be viewed here.

Darwin:
 :-[ Wow, I copied the shortcut for the StartupCop forum, posted it here, and then read the forum. Quite a read...! I'm having no trouble at all with it here (FWIW) but I'd read the forum for potential pitfalls.

tomos:
:-[ Wow, I copied the shortcut for the StartupCop forum, posted it here, and then read the forum. Quite a read...! I'm having no trouble at all with it here (FWIW) but I'd read the forum for potential pitfalls.
-Darwin (September 02, 2007, 07:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
hmm, doesnt sound too encouraging....

Darwin:
No - it doesn't! I haven't used it in any meaningful way yet (ie haven't disabled, delayed, or queued any of my apps) and have not rebooted since I installed it. As I use The Ultimate Troubleshooter and am very happy with it (replaced WinPatrol 2007 Plus a while back) I really don't have much need for it and I doubt I'll be keeping it around for long.

Darwin:
I've been through shutdown/boot (not just restart) cycle and all is wel. Admittedly, I still don't have Startup Cop set to run at startup and it has not been set to modify anything... It opens up fine, though... I like the feature set but will be uninstalling as I have never found delaying apps starting up to help and my computer is running fine the way it is!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version