ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Ghost Process [SOLVED]

<< < (10/11) > >>

Contro:
^ I dont understand -- except that you think it is solved.
Are you going to tell us the solution?
-tomos (August 16, 2017, 05:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yessssss !!!!!!. With all my faults.

1. If I were using regscanner instead of regedit I will arrive easier to the target without losing a lot of hours and my nerves. This is a "good auto warning" to my next time....

2. It's all completely my fault.

As you can see I give some residents after proof that the other were not causing the "effect three points".

I also give a selected list of installed applications. Removing all that ones that don't cause the "effect three points".

sorry , i have to come out. I will come back to the rest of the explanation.....16.08.2017.13.37 i am here again.

But I don't give the list of the application in autorun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a suspicious program that I will give you the name later anyway (now waiting for interaction in its forum...) . I download a trial of that program and installed in one of my virtual machines....

And "Voilá" . I observ that i have the process in the autorun or startup programs, but when the controls of that programs are charged the process dissappear..... But you have in certain way the feel that the program is running always....

Well...

The above part may be the simpler until now. I think wraith808 told us he had or has a similar problem with a ghost process.

But perhaps wraith808 may have also my problem hypothesis.

Some time ago i had a virus. As you may know "contro" (just me) is unable to restore an image. The maxima is "save the system without reinstalling, repairing or restoring". With this stupidity thing in mind all is possible. The only time I have restored an image is when i change the system disk in the ACER laptop....

At the time of the virus I solved as well as i can. I lose the preview in some files and during a time the sfc /scannow fails or not complete.

At the present time I have lost the preview option of files like txt, doc, pdf, etc. , except movies and images in windows explorer.

What I am trying to explain is my hipothesis. My hipothesis is :

I uninstall the conflictive program bad and some control were changed without advice. I think so just because i search in an exhaustive task any string relating to programs to personalyze the pc (like virtual desktops managers).

I found certain strings and delete. And the ghost process ceased....

Of course I will tell my theory better if the forum of the program answer me what "i wish to hear". If not I wll have to convince myself i have done the correct. But even is possible that a control of a program was interacting with "other things".

Nevertheless the problem is until now resolved. Until now I am supposing just because a corruption in my system and interacting with a reputated and reknown trial program that was uninstalled with some problem.

That to my surprise there exists processes that launch an interface but are not always running until the moment you make a move. I think exists programs to control in any moment when appear a process. In DC i remember utilities to control this. And even controls that don't seems have a correspondent in the autorun !!!!!!!!!!!!!. we are far from Halloween uh u h uh uh !!!!!!!!!!

If the forum answer i will put the program. if not I will put the program.

Best regards.
 :-[

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

I think he's going to wait until he's sure it's the solution before sharing it.

Contro:
--- End quote ---

I think he's going to wait until he's sure it's the solution before sharing it.
-wraith808 (August 16, 2017, 07:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
Wraith808 please see if my problem may serve you by proximity

1. a process not running everytime detectable in the startup options.

2. a control installed without notice for a bad uninstall.

Best Regards

Contro:
I do exactly 12 post in different forums. More restricted than here. I want to know if someone knows the interface of the three points....

https://forums.stardock.com/484677

I was assuming stardock was the maker of the virtual desktop program. There is no answer in the present moment.

In the microsoft spanish forum they are almost sure that is the program 7stacks.

https://answers.microsoft.com/es-es/windows/forum/windows8_1-winapps-tools/identificar-una-aplicaci%c3%b3n-por-parte-de-su/c444761f-19ac-4f8a-b0f7-42d94da7106c?tm=1502742160345

No more useful answers until the moment. Nobody knows that interface.

I search the windows registry for the key Stardock, also in folders. delete everything i found and now i have no problem.
But I think Ath is right and is not sure the correlation.

Best Regards

Contro:
the three point screen is the option : Swipe between multiple pages of fences.

:P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version