ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Ghost Process [SOLVED]

<< < (9/11) > >>

Contro:
In Process Explorer you have a symbol on top that looks like what you see when you look through the visor of a rifle...the (infamous) cross-hair.

You can drag this symbol over the window that you have a problem with and when you release the mouse button, the process behind this window is selected in Process Explorer. That should make the "hunt" much easier.
-Shades (August 14, 2017, 09:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

I try this putting the process explorer window in the nearest position, but when I am going to put over the points dissapeared. It's simply stressing, but I will keep trying and training.

Best Regards

P.D. training I get the points but the results in process explorer is windows explorer. Just the same as if I put the pointer circle of PE in the middle of the desktop.

:-[

I adjunt a selection of my installed programs. The more to be suspicious anyway.

I will revise all the program of multiple desktops I installed before have multiple monitors. And try to find in the windows registry. Or any rest in any folder.

The only exception i remember was a grid control program from DC.

I will test all these links :
http://listoffreeware.com/list-of-best-free-virtual-desktop-managers/
http://vdm.codeplex.com/
https://superuser.com/questions/248981/is-there-a-desktop-manager-similar-to-virtual-dimension
http://www.tpsort.com/similar-to/30912-top-15-virtual-dimension-alternative-and-similar-softwares
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-virtual-desktop-manager.htm
http://alternativeto.net/software/virtual-dimension/

Contro:
This is a bit more aggressive than I think is warranted in this particular audience.  We know that Contro is not a native English speaker, so is struggling through this.  If you can't work through this with him, it seems that a better approach for the community might be for you to ignore his threads?
-wraith808 (August 15, 2017, 08:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I've thought about both issues, and I still think it is in the right place and audience, as he's still pulling in new/other/related and unrelated info that further troubles the water (proof enough after your post...) and gives no or confusing answers to any questions asked. I won't ignore threads started by Contro as I think he needs (computer-)help, lots of it.

wraith808 please don't punish me.
-Contro (August 15, 2017, 09:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
Contro, wraith808 was trying to soften my reaction to your issue, and not pointing at you in any way.
We all know you can use all the help we have to offer, please help us helping you by a) not flooding your threads with small bits of non-related info, b) give complete details about the issue at hand, and c) give straight and simple answers on any question asked (like tomos requested)

Example:
I began this pc with only one monitor. And install several virtual desktop utilities like Virtual Dimension and others.
--- End quote ---
Knowing this from the original post would have been very helpful in tracking down the cause. There is a fair chance that one of those VD tools has installed or configured something in your system that is causing all this
From that time I observed the problem but give not importance because simple I was not using.
--- End quote ---
This is an indication that you need a lot of help in troubleshooting (anything), as the 'problem' has existed for quite a long time, and now you are making all this fuss about it? Why? Why now?

Yes, I still will offer help if and when I can, but I'll detach myself from this thread starting now
-Ath (August 15, 2017, 10:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
Understood.
I'll try my very best.

Contro:
I have two points now !
I try to organize my icons dragging to the "main desktop". The problem is that I can't determine the shortcut to change desktop. So I dedicate to make with the mouse and lef button clicked fast movements and "chaotic movements" until I reach other desktop. Then I tried to reproduce the same process with difficulty to recover the icons in the first desktop. I got the most and now have two points. I think in the second desktop is nothing.
The strange thing for me is not get navigate between the desktops with ease. I have tried a lot of combinations.
I remember exists applications to assing shortcuts or see what are assigned. And this may be an opportunity to detect the ghost program.

Do you know a good one ?

Meanwhile I continue searching in the windows registry for strings like "dexpot" and others.
 :-*

Edited 15.08.2017.20.01 . One point now !.
I try to repeat the game dragging icons but I only get the three points again.
In one of these desktops I have only two icons. So I deleted after making a security copy and now I only have one point. --

Edited 15.08.2017.21.35. Searching the windows registry for rests or traces :
dexpot --- no traces found
virtuawin --- no traces found
sysinternals desktops --- no traces found

I have begĂșn to post in personalyze specialized forums with the hope somebody knows the interface of the three points..

Best regards

Contro:
I think this is solved.
I will explain why and probably will be a strange and ghost situation.

I am wating now for the answer in one of the forums I made this post. In the very one I think have the key to give. But don't give.... Just because I think is its program....

I have made this question in about 10 forums.

The unique forum with a splendid participation has been DC. Of course this problem has to be solved in the forum if I had the adequate way to expose the matter. So I am afraid I will receive a good warning about this.
But I prefer receive the warning that don't tell you my answer.

Best Regards
 :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :-*

tomos:
^ I dont understand -- except that you think it is solved.
Are you going to tell us the solution?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version