ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Ghost Process [SOLVED]

<< < (8/11) > >>

wraith808:
try to forget that and concentrate in determining the ghost process or service.
-Contro (August 15, 2017, 12:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
You really don't understand how troubleshooting works, do you? It's a process of elimination and lots of questions/information, not of any assumptions. Please re-read the quote below my posts...

As long as I can remember the three or more point are for a configurable desktops program. I think is from Microsoft.
-Contro (August 14, 2017, 12:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
What makes you think so? And what did you do to obtain them, as nobody in this thread knows them or how to enable them, and we're (nearly) all experienced Windows users :huh:

[rant]
As so often, your thread is full of fuzzy (non-)information and unrelated bits, and short on answers to questions that are asked. And yes, that bothers me, as it is very unhelpful in us trying to actually help you find a solution.
[/rant]

As said before: Check your video drivers settings and options for virtual desktop features, and, as mwb1100 suggested, remove the (probably) unused nVidia drivers from your system.
-Ath (August 15, 2017, 04:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is a bit more aggressive than I think is warranted in this particular audience.  We know that Contro is not a native English speaker, so is struggling through this.  If you can't work through this with him, it seems that a better approach for the community might be for you to ignore his threads?

Contro:
I delete all entries Nvidia. Reinitiate.
Physical folders and the registry patiently.
no more nvidia panel control present.
no present of nvidia processes in the administration task.
the ghost process is not solved.

:-*

What's next !!!!!!

Contro:
wraith808 please don't punish me.

Trying to analyze the graphical cards option relating to virtual desktops.

But I am sure that the conflictive program is prior to that. I began this pc with only one monitor. And install several virtual desktop utilities like Virtual Dimension and others. From that time I observed the problem but give not importance because simple I was not using.

Now I have several options :
1. Find the ghost process.

2. Forget the icons in one of the ghost desktops and create again using the desktop folder.

3. Continue finding alternatives to desktops or virtual dimension trying to locate the ghost process and why appear. With a name i can search in the registry.

The new graphic cards AMD Radeon R7240 i don't remember any utility for virtual desktop I applied.
The intel graphic card integrated in the mothermoard I don't remember in the asus utilities one for controlling virtual desktops.

Contro:
I go now to calm down my nerves for a while.

:-[

Ath:
This is a bit more aggressive than I think is warranted in this particular audience.  We know that Contro is not a native English speaker, so is struggling through this.  If you can't work through this with him, it seems that a better approach for the community might be for you to ignore his threads?
-wraith808 (August 15, 2017, 08:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I've thought about both issues, and I still think it is in the right place and audience, as he's still pulling in new/other/related and unrelated info that further troubles the water (proof enough after your post...) and gives no or confusing answers to any questions asked. I won't ignore threads started by Contro as I think he needs (computer-)help, lots of it.

wraith808 please don't punish me.
-Contro (August 15, 2017, 09:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
Contro, wraith808 was trying to soften my reaction to your issue, and not pointing at you in any way.
We all know you can use all the help we have to offer, please help us helping you by a) not flooding your threads with small bits of non-related info, b) give complete details about the issue at hand, and c) give straight and simple answers on any question asked (like tomos requested)

Example:
I began this pc with only one monitor. And install several virtual desktop utilities like Virtual Dimension and others.
--- End quote ---
Knowing this from the original post would have been very helpful in tracking down the cause. There is a fair chance that one of those VD tools has installed or configured something in your system that is causing all this
From that time I observed the problem but give not importance because simple I was not using.
--- End quote ---
This is an indication that you need a lot of help in troubleshooting (anything), as the 'problem' has existed for quite a long time, and now you are making all this fuss about it? Why? Why now?

Yes, I still will offer help if and when I can, but I'll detach myself from this thread starting now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version