ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Ghost Process [SOLVED]

<< < (4/11) > >>

Shades:
In Process Explorer you have a symbol on top that looks like what you see when you look through the visor of a rifle...the (infamous) cross-hair.

You can drag this symbol over the window that you have a problem with and when you release the mouse button, the process behind this window is selected in Process Explorer. That should make the "hunt" much easier.

wraith808:
In Process Explorer you have a symbol on top that looks like what you see when you look through the visor of a rifle...the (infamous) cross-hair.

You can drag this symbol over the window that you have a problem with and when you release the mouse button, the process behind this window is selected in Process Explorer. That should make the "hunt" much easier.
-Shades (August 14, 2017, 09:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

That *might* work.  But as this is not a windowed process, it might not.  I had a similar problem of something showing up on my desktop, and it didn't work.  Just an FYI.

Ath:
Aren't these dots a feature of the video card driver?, possibly enabled by default? these manufacturers often throw in 'unexpected features' with minor updates, but then it should be possible to disable the feature quite easily. You probably won't find that (driver)process using process explorer, IMHO

wraith808:
Aren't these dots a feature of the video card driver?, possibly enabled by default? these manufacturers often throw in 'unexpected features' with minor updates, but then it should be possible to disable the feature quite easily. You probably won't find that (driver)process using process explorer, IMHO
-Ath (August 14, 2017, 11:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

They could be.  I guess it depends on what video card he has, and it's not obvious, which is the reason he's asking.

Contro:
-Ath (August 14, 2017, 11:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

They could be.  I guess it depends on what video card he has, and it's not obvious, which is the reason he's asking.
-wraith808 (August 14, 2017, 12:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
As long as I can remember the three or more point are for a configurable desktops program. I think is from Microsoft.

Desktops from Microsoft systernals may be. It is a free.

I think I will try this.

I think this problem I have long back ago is prior to the adquisition of the two new Asus Radeon AMD R7 240 graphics cards.

It's not sure of course.

I have closed almost possible , even all entries about Nvidia running, but the three points remains.

I think , really think in my bad memory, is an utility from systernals.

I am preparing to reiniate in safe mode. If give no good results I Think i may initiate consults in an external forum.

An when i have the answer i will put here.
 :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version