ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

[SOLVED] Safe Internet

<< < (3/3)

Contro:
I use Bitdefender's TrafficLight. It's a free plug-in for Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/trafficlight.html

-shmuel1 (June 21, 2017, 06:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
Downloading for Firefox.

Best Regards
 :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :-*

MilesAhead:
Another idea for booting a thumb drive for surfing is Puppy Linux

I made a bootable USB and not only does it boot but you can set it to save Linux config changes on shutdown.  Also it is very easy to get the WiFi working.  There is a gizmo in the system tray for it.  If you google you should get a step by step how to initialize the WiFi in Puppy Linux.  If you set it to save config info to the stick you only have to do it once.  I did it some time ago but it must have been very easy since I don't have any memory of it being annoying.  :)

Puppy is very small and can run well even on PCs and Laptops that have been around awhile.

Contro:
Another idea for booting a thumb drive for surfing is Puppy Linux

I made a bootable USB and not only does it boot but you can set it to save Linux config changes on shutdown.  Also it is very easy to get the WiFi working.  There is a gizmo in the system tray for it.  If you google you should get a step by step how to initialize the WiFi in Puppy Linux.  If you set it to save config info to the stick you only have to do it once.  I did it some time ago but it must have been very easy since I don't have any memory of it being annoying.  :)

Puppy is very small and can run well even on PCs and Laptops that have been around awhile.

-MilesAhead (July 25, 2017, 11:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
It's a good idea MilesAhead.

And also to prepare a usb stick for antivirus fighting.
Best Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version