Home | Blog | Software | Reviews and Features | Forum | Help | Donate | About us
topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • October 17, 2017, 04:52 AM
  • Proudly celebrating 10 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Document Management Software  (Read 494 times)

tempa

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Document Management Software
« on: August 01, 2017, 06:04 PM »
Hello,

I have Outlook 2010 and I want to share my data with my teammates. So can you recommend me a software for that???....

Feel free to say, Thanks in advance....

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Document Management Software
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 08:38 PM »
Exchange 2010 or Exchange 2013 or Exchange 2016...provided your teammates use Outlook too. If not they can usually find plugins for their software of choice to connect to the same Exchange server that you do.

Is online/SaaS not a (legal) problem for you? Go for a Office 365 subscription (for you and your team), then Microsoft takes care of the Exchange maintenance for you. T^his maintenance can be a headache at times, especially if you have specific wishes or custom API/COM/REST calls to make to it. Exchange in and by itself is expensive, requires a "beefy" system (depending on the amount of mates) and a Windows Server 2009/2012/2016 license. Also not cheap (depending on the "beef" you put into the system).

Way cheaper option is to give your login/password to your teammates :P

By data, you mean just messages? Also attachments? Is Outlook a must? Do you wish your teammates to have access to your data inside your team's network, or also outside (web-based/online)? And if online access is desired, do you already have a web-presence?

*edit*
The previous paragraph is an indicator that you need to provide more of a description to get more precise and useful suggestions. Perhaps SharePoint is what you need, or maybe an open-source groupware solution is actually what you are after. From your description it is very hard to give a non-generic answer.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 08:50 PM by Shades »

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Document Management Software
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 07:38 AM »
The previous paragraph is an indicator that you need to provide more of a description to get more precise and useful suggestions. Perhaps SharePoint is what you need, or maybe an open-source groupware solution is actually what you are after. From your description it is very hard to give a non-generic answer.

This.  It's the reason I had no answers.