Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 20, 2014, 11:18:18 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA: Volume buttons (and others) pressed on keyboard are displayed on screen  (Read 17568 times)
Coeluh
Supporting Member

Family Guy ^^

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2009, 03:07:44 PM »

Come on skrommel, a few donation bucks waiting for you here!
Coeluh
Supporting Member

Family Guy ^^

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2009, 03:38:41 AM »

Bump
rjbull
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2009, 04:49:36 AM »

The OP *might* like Skynergy's HotKeyz, a donationware general-purpose hotkey program that has what I think the OP might mean built in.  HotKeyz's author has posted on DC, but sorry, I can't remember his DC UserID.
Coeluh
Supporting Member

Family Guy ^^

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2009, 08:22:38 AM »

The OP *might* like Skynergy's HotKeyz, a donationware general-purpose hotkey program that has what I think the OP might mean built in.  HotKeyz's author has posted on DC, but sorry, I can't remember his DC UserID.

Mmm I do not see it in its description...
rjbull
Charter Member

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2009, 10:07:52 AM »

The OP *might* like Skynergy's HotKeyz

Try looking at the screenshot on the HotKeyz Web page!

And I've briefly tried it; feature is there.

Coeluh
Supporting Member

Family Guy ^^

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2009, 12:51:43 PM »

The OP *might* like Skynergy's HotKeyz

Try looking at the screenshot on the HotKeyz Web page!

And I've briefly tried it; feature is there.
Yeah I noticed, but it is exremely ugly. I rather have something eyecandy.
Coeluh
Supporting Member

Family Guy ^^

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2009, 10:42:36 AM »

Skrommel are you going to work or this smiley?
rjbull
Charter Member

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2009, 11:20:36 AM »

Well, if what you mostly want is eye candy, heaven help you.  Don't forget that HotKeyz is a hotkey program; the screenshot on the Web site is just its configuration window.  When you're using it, you'd just use whatever hotkeys you'd assigned, and wouldn't see HotKeyz at all.  You'd just see the row of coloured blocks marching across your screen as Windows increases or decreases the volume.
Coeluh
Supporting Member

Family Guy ^^

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2009, 02:19:57 PM »

Well, if what you mostly want is eye candy, heaven help you.  Don't forget that HotKeyz is a hotkey program; the screenshot on the Web site is just its configuration window.  When you're using it, you'd just use whatever hotkeys you'd assigned, and wouldn't see HotKeyz at all.  You'd just see the row of coloured blocks marching across your screen as Windows increases or decreases the volume.

Some people just prefer a nice looking UI. I know it is just it's config window, but the OSD screen with coloured blocks is very ugly, I've tried it!
Coeluh
Supporting Member

Family Guy ^^

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 04:35:08 AM »

I've been trying to do something, I figured 2 things out: The text displayed needs an added shadow, so does the osd indicator (the |||||||||||||'s)
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 08:42:46 AM »

I've been trying to do something, I figured 2 things out: The text displayed needs an added shadow, so does the osd indicator (the |||||||||||||'s)

you mean like this (see pic)?

Coeluh
Supporting Member

Family Guy ^^

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 09:57:00 AM »

you mean like this (see pic)?
 (see attachment in previous post)
yeah
r0bertdenir0
Supporting Member

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2009, 10:38:35 AM »

Staggered progress bars are so 90s...
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2009, 04:41:16 PM »

Staggered progress bars are so 90s...
I don't know, I still stagger when I progress from bar to bar!

Chris
skrommel
Fastest code in the west
Developer

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »

smiley Just changed the source code of the alpha blended version of GreenOSD above.

Now you can set the transparency of both the text, the shadow and the background.

Skrommel
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 06:56:57 PM by skrommel » Logged

Please stop by my site at  1 Hour Software by skrommel  for downloads and more info.
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2009, 07:17:10 PM »

Just changed the source code of the alpha blended version of GreenOSD above.

Now you can set the transparency of both the text, the shadow and the background.

yeah! Thmbsup

Coeluh
Supporting Member

Family Guy ^^

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2009, 08:01:31 AM »

smiley Just changed the source code of the alpha blended version of GreenOSD above.

Skrommel
Let's check that out!
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2009, 08:12:59 AM »

Skrommel, please put GreenOSD on your website. there are several versions on this thread and it's quite easy to get confused.. smiley

Coeluh
Supporting Member

Family Guy ^^

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2009, 08:25:18 AM »

Nice work skrommel! I have (I'm sorry) 2 feature requests:
  • Change the wave volume while holding control and pressing up/down vol
  • Fade out, I think it looks nice
Great work!
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.041s | Server load: 0.07 ]