topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 9:04 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Android virus  (Read 2495 times)

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Android virus
« on: July 10, 2017, 02:30 PM »
Hello!

I have an android phone that probably has a virus. The symptom is that although I disable screen overlay for all apps (one by one), I still get messages that 'there is a screen overlay'.

Moreover, I tried to install via Google Play the AVG antivirus. The name of the app is not the same as it is in my other android phone, which made me suspicious. Then, I installed and run the AVG antivirus and it resulted that I have 4 viruses and when offered me to click to go to the website, and after clicking I got flooded with  messages that my SIM has been damaged etc.

Then I installed Kaspersky and it cannot run because of the screen overlay issue.

Is there a way to complete clean this phone?

Thanks!

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Android virus
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 03:05 PM »
Hm, reset to factory defaults?

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 04:17 PM »
I am new to Android(less than a year experience with tablets and phones but I did Linux back in the day) but this article looks pretty sensible. As Ath suggested they have Reset to Factory Defaults as a fall-back remedy.  But it gives some things to try before resorting to it:

http://www.techadvis...droid-virus-3633110/

I didn't realize Android had a boot to safe mode option.  Learn something every day.  :)

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 05:01 PM »
Hm, reset to factory defaults?

That's what I thought also, but figured that I'd let someone that knows android better reply.  :Thmbsup: