topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:12 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: WinPatrol Ultimate Bundle up to 85% off--July 8th & 9th  (Read 5056 times)

Midnight Rambler

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
http://www.bitsdujou...trol-ultimate-bundle

I've used WinPatrol PLUS for years now with good results.  Has allowed greater control over what crap gets on my hard drives, warns of unwanted system changes after program installs, and other useful stuff all without being a system hog.  Can't recommend their other offerings since I've never used them.

Compaq Presario 5716 (98), Dell Dimension 4700 (XP), Lenovo ThinkPad T530 (Win 7 Pro > Win 10 Pro).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 04:51 PM by Midnight Rambler, Reason: image of GUI »

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: WinPatrol Ultimate Bundle up to 85% off--July 8th & 9th
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 12:12 PM »
I've installed all of them (was confused at the renaming of AntiRansom and Firewall), and only have WinPatrol Plus installed now.  After 6 months of usage, the others didn't seem worth the added resource usage, and never caught anything, and the UIs were very top heavy and not user friendly.  That might have changed - that was early last year for AntiRansom, and the year before that for Firewall, though I still have that installed on my laptop - more out of I forgot about it rather than having any actual utility.

WinPatrol can get annoying with some of the popups- I wish it had a memory so that once you blocked something it would continue to block. It has the never notify of this again checkbox, so not sure why there's not the other way around.  But the utility of the software is well worth the annoyance.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 04:35 PM »
why are they several times saying that the bundle is version 2017 (click "Get this deal")? Am I to buy a lifetime key for version 2017, and 2017 only?
 :tellme:
---------------
9 hours left at the moment

Midnight Rambler

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 04:59 PM »
why are they several times saying that the bundle is version 2017 (click "Get this deal")? Am I to buy a lifetime key for version 2017, and 2017 only?

I bought a lifetime license to WinPatrol PLUS almost ten years ago and its always updated to the newest version at no additional charge.  So in that case, lifetime meant just that or at least as long as they stay in business.
Compaq Presario 5716 (98), Dell Dimension 4700 (XP), Lenovo ThinkPad T530 (Win 7 Pro > Win 10 Pro).

solaris65

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Ambient Mechanics
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 05:49 PM »
---------------
9 hours left at the moment

Likewise..I've had the full version of WinPatrol for a number of years and I always the the most currently update when it's released, free of charge.

I think you'll find what they are saying is the version you get is the latest..and not some discounted older version, like some companies offer sometimes, when they're about to release the latest version of their product.

Basically, you get the most current version when you take this offer and that comes with lifetime updates to all future versions..or, as already stated, until the company goes out of business.

Calitiki001

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2017
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 07:20 AM »
I have used Win Patrol for years. It seems to slowdown the start up but not so much as to negate its value. I have a life time membership and it means life time of win patrol as far as I have updated all and it is not limited to the win patrol when you bought the life time license . That was for Win Patrol only I didn't start with all the bundles when I first bought it a few years ago

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 04:20 PM »
I think it should also be mentioned that a few years ago the original author of WinPatrol (Bill Pytlovany) sold the business to Bret Lowry/Ruiware who has continued to honor the lifetime licenses people bought from before that transition.