ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Zoom Player - the all-in-one media player!

<< < (7/9) > >>

Josh:
Actually, Ken recommended that to me. However, I love the customizability of ZP. Gom is great, and does work really really well, but I am a tinkerer, and as such, love a plethora of options.

nudone:
thanks for mentioning GOM Player, chrisa52.

i'd been using KMPlayer (after being a fan of mpc and vlc) but GOM looks like a very polished piece of software - i can see me using it as my default player.

so far it's played everything i've thrown at it and it seems to have pretty much every feature i could ask for - it really does look like they've taken out all the good bits from the other power media players and combined them altogether.

i'm still playing with it but i'm really pleased with what i've seen so far - it's got hotkeys, buttons, EVERYTHING. anyone curious i really do recommend you giving GOM a try.

here are a few more skins: http://www.gomplayer.jp/skin/index.html

nudone:
okay, i was getting a little excited there. KMPlayer still has the most power/options that i can see - things like being able to capture 'live' what you are watching and save out to another video file - i've not seen that done with any other player.

KenR:
okay, i was getting a little excited there. KMPlayer still has the most power/options that i can see - things like being able to capture 'live' what you are watching and save out to another video file - i've not seen that done with any other player.
-nudone (September 15, 2006, 04:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
If something is better than Zoom Player, I want to see it. Are you saying that it just has that one unique option, or is a better player overall?

Ken

nudone:
well, as mentioned earlier, javajones introduced this thread to KMPlayer and we know he doesn't just accept a piece of software without checking all its features. i was sceptical, at first, that a media player i had never heard of could be of any worth but it's the player that i keep returning to now - i've still got vlc and mpc installed but i really don't know why i just don't stick with KMPlayer.

i'm sure there is little wrong with Zoom Player. it just depends on the arbitrary nature of codecs and files that you are likely to use. i used Zoom Player for quite a while but it honestly would cough and splutter at certain things i tried to play - so i gave up with it.

i honestly don't know of all the features that Zoom Player has, nor have i really looked at everything that KMPlayer will do, but from what i've seen so far KMPlayer is more powerful. of course, it just depends on what you are trying to do as to what you define as 'powerful'.

i mainly want a player that is near 100% going to play any file i throw at it but i also need features that are useful when playing back through a CRT television set. it certainly won't be to everyones requirements but i need full mouse/button control of things like aspect ratio and large sized font navigation. KMPLayer seems best equipped for this. i was happy with Zoom Player on my TV but i had to scrap it when it started to misbehave when going in and out of full screen mode.

it would be nice to have a media player shootout as there appears to be plenty of overlap with all these super players, i'm guessing that they all have their own little niche feature set that puts them apart from each other but it's hard to know what they are without spending days figuring it all out.

i'm still getting to know KMPlayer. i haven't gone to great lengths to find what it can do because at the moment it has just worked every time - so i just get on with watching the vids.

i'll try and check it over later and if i find anything remarkable i'll report back maybe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version