ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Steam Summer Sale 2017 - June 22 through July 5

(1/2) > >>

Deozaan:
It's summer, and that means another Steam summer sale!

Aside from the nice discounts on many games, Steam is also running a promotion where you can do a few "quests" each days to earn sticker packs. I don't really see the point of the stickers or sticker packs, but I guess they know all about how driven people are by worthless digital collections.

Speaking of worthless digital collections, you can also earn Steam Summer Sale Trading Cards through various activities on your Steam account during the sale.

But anyway, I've been using Steam less and less over the past few years, mostly because of the glut of crap that has gotten on the storefront through Greenlight (which has recently been discontinued), and also because I've begun to appreciate the value in DRM-free games more and more (hooray for GOG!). That said, it might be fun if people use this thread as an opportunity to recommend good games to each other that are worth picking up during the sale.

mouser:
I highly recommend the Sniper Elite series, which is now on sale. DC member Skwire and I have played the last few years of it cooperatively and it has been a hoot.
Sniper Elite 1 is probably a little long in the tooth but 2-4 are still worth your time for sure.

skwire:
I highly recommend the Sniper Elite series, which is now on sale. DC member Skwire and I have played the last few years of it cooperatively and it has been a hoot.-mouser (June 24, 2017, 09:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Man...we've had some times, eh?  LOL.  "Let's go to war..."

Dishonored 2 for $20 is a damn steal, too.  Get that without hesitation.

wraith808:
But anyway, I've been using Steam less and less over the past few years, mostly because of the glut of crap that has gotten on the storefront through Greenlight (which has recently been discontinued), and also because I've begun to appreciate the value in DRM-free games more and more (hooray for GOG!). That said, it might be fun if people use this thread as an opportunity to recommend good games to each other that are worth picking up during the sale.
-Deozaan (June 24, 2017, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Doesn't look like so much a discontinuing as a change to vet the offerings better with Steam Direct.

Deozaan:
Greenlight (which has recently been discontinued)
-Deozaan (June 24, 2017, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Doesn't look like so much a discontinuing as a change to vet the offerings better with Steam Direct.
-wraith808 (June 24, 2017, 10:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah. Pretty much. They've discontinued (retired) Greenlight and replaced it with Steam Direct. Same basic idea (allow almost anybody the chance to get on Steam) but the details of how it works are fairly significantly different to help reduce abuse of the system and reduce low-effort submissions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version