topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:09 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: [Breaking] - AI Simulant Discovered Online  (Read 4153 times)

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
[Breaking] - AI Simulant Discovered Online
« on: June 17, 2017, 07:15 AM »
There has been an investigation launched after detection systems recognized the signature of a rogue AI Simulant within their databanks.

The stimulant in question seems to have free-will, although not much information has been released at this time.

What we know:

The simulant's name (designation) is 'mouser'.  In 2005, after being released into the wild, the simulant in question launched a series of Software projects, seemingly designed to test it's repair and replication processes.  So far, full replication does not seem to have happened, but it could be getting close.

'Mouser' has been determined as an acronym: "Multi-Operational Universal Software Engineering & Replication".

This information came to light after automated systems picked up on a series of events, where the simulant stopped all forms of communication, mid-conversation, for seemingly no reason at all.  This phenomenon has been defined as "mousering" (or "to be mousered").

These 2 acronyms mean the following:

Mousering: Multi-Operational Universal Software Engineering & Replication Is Not Gregarious
      Meaning: "No longer the life of the party"

Mousered: Multi-Operational Universal Software Engineering & Replication - Erectile Disfunction
      Meaning: This is a play on the name of the condition.  It means mouser has/is "gone away"/"no longer active"/"no longer functioning"

Although mouser can be seen as active, randomly at any time of the day (with no discernable pattern), it seems to power down for a minimum of 60 minutes per day.  We assume that this is for self-maintenance, software updates/patches and perhaps a system reboot.

[This Story is Breaking - More Updates To Follow]

solaris65

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Ambient Mechanics
    • Donate to Member
Re: [Breaking] - AI Simulant Discovered Online
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 01:37 PM »
What's the source of this information?  Do you have any links?

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 03:01 PM »
@Stephen66515: I don't believe a word of this. I reckon you are trying to pull our legs.

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 03:11 PM »
Spoiler
Bigly witch hunt

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 05:32 AM »
Wait till September and this 'Mouser' will become very active, due to code "NANY"  :)

Regards,

Anand

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 07:24 AM »
@Stephen66515: I thought I had better post my apologies and a warning. Evidently, you were right and not joking about the AI. I noticed that after I posted my response above, my DonationCredits were deducted by $5 in favour of UserID "mouser". I checked and this doesn't seem to happen if I make a comment on any other discussion thread, so I figure only this thread (so far) has been hacked to deduct $5 each time you post a comment. So this comment will have cost me another $5, but I needed to alert DC Forum members to this and it's a small sacrifice to make anyway.

I think you may have the name of the AI slightly wrong though.
It's apparently not "Multi-Operational Universal Software Engineering & Replication", but "Multi-Operational Unilateral Self-Enrichment & Replication". (Redolent of my ex-business partner.)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 02:05 PM »
^well worth it lol stephen

stimulant|simulant|schtimulant :p

The stimulant in question [..]
-Stephen66515 (June 17, 2017, 07:15 AM)
Tom