ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Adding to Comment/caption, then Ctrl+Alt+P - caption disappears...

(1/3) > >>

orbis:
If I add a comment/caption, then Save Image and Show, then splice out a part of the image with Ctrl+Alt+P, the comment disappears, leaving a white space.

Obvs, I'm not splicing the part with the caption!

Am I doing something wrong?

Help appreciated. Thanks!

tomos:
hi orbis,
been using both added text and 'splice out' lately and haven't had this problem - but I dont save the image until I'm finished. (In options I have it set to auto-save when focus is moved to another image.)

[edit] removed flawed example I had attached - think it was user error: i.e. I cannot reproduce problem (and think white stripe was my applying text twice) [/edit]

orbis:
Thanks for the reply, tomos.

How do you access that autosave setting, please? Can't seem to find it.

I have "show post capture dialog" set as after-capture preference, so that I can set any caption I like. The program seems to auto-save, and that clearly is not desirable with this little glitch. How, please, do I set it not to (auto-)save until I have added caption and spliced out any content?

Thanks!

tomos:
I have "show post capture dialog" set as after-capture preference, so that I can set any caption I like.
-orbis (June 13, 2017, 01:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

ah okay, we're doing this in completely different ways. I'm just working within the SC window - select a thumbnail on the left, and work on it, add text, etc.

I've not really used the method you describe (so presume the problem is a bug with that), and amn't sure the auto-save option I mentioned would even be relevant there.
But in case:

Adding to Comment/caption, then Ctrl+Alt+P - caption disappears...

orbis:
That's really helpful. Thanks.

So: if I set it up to open main window after capture, and to autosave as per your screenshot, how do I go about adding a caption/comment (which may vary depending, and so can't be auto)? In the pop-up option, there's a box for that. I wonder how I do it with the main screen. The white box under the one called "Name" doesn't seem to add anything to the screenshot.

(And I love "amn't", btw, and shall use it more often!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version