ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

SC Feature Request - transparency of hiliting rect

(1/1)

kproth:
Request:

Can we get an option to set highlighting rectangle transparency separately for the border and the inner-color? Or perhaps better yet, have transparency apply only to the inner color and not the border?

Here's what I'm seeing: I'm applying a highlighting rectangle to a screen-cap of a command-window, with white text on a black border. I have a red border color selected and a yellow inner color. I'm trying to highlight some of the text. Because the transparency option applies equally to both the border and the inner-color, I have two choices:

a] the inner color is nearly opaque (rendering the text "under" it impossible to read), but the border stands out nicely

-or-

b] the inner color is nearly transparent, yielding a very nice highlighted effect, but the border is nearly invisible.

Thanks
- Kevin

mouser:
yep, this has been requested before - and i agree it would be nice.

the easiest thing would be to keep outside border completely opaque, or else use something like outside border transparency = inner transparency + 100.  i may be able to do either of those quite easily.. let me try.

kproth:
If you're taking votes, my first choice is to keep the border completely opaque. My second choice is to have a user-definable "difference" between the transparency of the border vs. the inner-color, instead of hard-coding a difference of e.g. 100.

I tried my test case again, and would want an inner-color transparency of 50, but with the border at 150 (50 + 100) I don't think it's quite bold enough; I'd want at least 200.

- Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version