topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 11:34 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Android Question on app purchases  (Read 3396 times)

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Android Question on app purchases
« on: May 30, 2017, 04:50 PM »
When I first started with Android, I set up my Play store account using my Google for App Domains account, finding out later that they changed their policies for non-paid vs. paid, and just app domain accounts from accessing Google services.

I'm fed up with the limitations, so created a plain google account, and am in the process of trying to migrate.  In the end, however, I'll have purchased apps on my old google for app domains account, but be using my new account for everything else.  Does anyone know if this works?  Or do I have to repurchase the apps in order to get things to work seamlessly.  (some of these it would be my third purchase, as before I had an android device, I purchased some things under my old, old account).

Any thoughts?

(And as an aside, it's crazy that google doesn't support it's own infrastructure that it was trying to get people to use...)

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Android Question on app purchases
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 06:02 PM »
If it amounts to having a second google account on the phone and 'switch' to it it was possible, if it is still possible I don't know (of course multiple accounts on same device is possible, my "still possible I don't know" refers to switching to it for the purposes of the store)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 06:17 PM »
As I understand it, you'll have to re-purchase the apps again. Or else maybe you can still access them if you add the App Domains account to your device.

I only have experience with multiple regular accounts on a single device. I've been able to access everything having both accounts on the device, but I'm not sure if App Domain accounts would behave any differently.

I've actually wanted to migrate myself to another Google account for a few years but the fact that all my purchases are tied to the old account is the primary thing holding me back.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 09:10 PM »
As I understand it, you'll have to re-purchase the apps again. Or else maybe you can still access them if you add the App Domains account to your device.

I only have experience with multiple regular accounts on a single device. I've been able to access everything having both accounts on the device, but I'm not sure if App Domain accounts would behave any differently.

I've actually wanted to migrate myself to another Google account for a few years but the fact that all my purchases are tied to the old account is the primary thing holding me back.

There really needs to be an easy way to do this.  Maybe not from iOS to Android, but between android accounts /devices.  Then again, iOS is no better :(