ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Odd bug with FARR

<< < (2/2)

app103:
Anyway, the problem I found is when I start cmd.exe the command prompt PATH is wrong. By wrong, I mean it's not what I have in the system properties. Very strange.
When I start cmd.exe from Start menu > Run it's correct.

Using procexp I noticed that when launched from FARR that the path was correct but the command line argument wasn't.
The shell started from Start > Run has a Command line of "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" while FARRs has nothing for the command line.
-chrisGrind (July 16, 2006, 07:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

That has a lot to do with where and how it's started. You will notice that when you start it from start>run>cmd.exe that the path is "C:\Documents and Settings\YourProfile>"

While if you start it from start>run>"C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" it will start in "C:\WINDOWS\system32>"

I am not sure of the exact argument to pass on command line when starting it in order to start it in any directory you desire. Maybe someone else can post & explain how to do that....and then explain how to do it with FARR.

chrisGrind:
Right, the issue isn't the starting directory though. The issue is my PATH environment variable is wrong when started with FARR and right when started any other way.

chrisGrind:
OK I have an update. I think I know what's causing this now. It's the installer. Here's what I think is happening.
I installed FARR and launched it from the installer.
The installer was then closed, so FARR's parent is non-existent.
Then when FARR launches a child process it doesn't setup the environment correctly, perhaps because FARRs parent process is non-existent.
This is my hypothesis because once I stopped FARR and restarted it, everything worked correctly. IOW launching command prompts have the correct path.
HTH

mouser:
ahh that is very interesting.. i'll have to check that out and see if perhaps farr started from the installer is acting up, that would make some sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version