ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Odd bug with FARR

(1/2) > >>

chrisGrind:
Just started using FARR and I really like it. Prior to FARR  I was using Autohotkey for all my scripting needs. I still need it for some things but FARR has replaced my simple scripts.
For example, Ctrl-Shift-O opens Opera (or gives focus to the running instance), opens a new tab, and types "g SPACE" for a new search. I use that a lot. It would be nice if FARR had the option to give focus to an already running application.

Anyway, the problem I found is when I start cmd.exe the command prompt PATH is wrong. By wrong, I mean it's not what I have in the system properties. Very strange.
When I start cmd.exe from Start menu > Run it's correct.

Using procexp I noticed that when launched from FARR that the path was correct but the command line argument wasn't.
The shell started from Start > Run has a Command line of "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" while FARRs has nothing for the command line.

Strange, yell if you want more details.

Thanks for the great software,
Chris

mouser:
that's really interesting about cmd.exe - i will try to fix it.

It would be nice if FARR had the option to give focus to an already running application.
--- End quote ---
can you elaborate?

chrisGrind:
It would be nice if FARR had the option to give focus to an already running application.
--- End quote ---
Let's say I have an application like process explorer already open and running.
It would be nice if FARR had the option to return focus to process explorer instead of starting a new instance as it does now. For some applications it makes sense to always start a new instance, for others it doesn't.

I know there has been a lot discussion around v2 and the different ways folks use FARR.
Like I mentioned previously I have several Autohotkey scripts that are similar to FARR but slightly different.
Some of the scripts allow me to start an application if it isn't running, and if it is running it will simply give that application focus. Opera, JEdit, Excel,TheBat are applications that are given focus if they're already running. Explorer, Cmd, xplorer2 start new instance even if old ones are already running.

Just a thought.

mouser:
yes i understand;
actually what you are asking is something that should be added under the category of working with existing processes, in addition to some other options for killing such processes, etc.

jgpaiva:
chrisGrind: Notice that you can currently type "Search something" to search something in the web. You can also make "g something" work just as it does in opera. (there's a thread here in the forum that shows how to do it, i just can't find it right now)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version