topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 8:32 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: WHAT LICENSE KEY ? LOAD OF CRAP  (Read 22482 times)

jackij

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
WHAT LICENSE KEY ? LOAD OF CRAP
« on: May 19, 2017, 02:34 AM »
Just spent the last hour trying to get this bloody key, signed up to forum cause I can't afford to donate, been using Screen shot capture for years & this is the thankyou I get. bloody pain n the butt. Please email it to my email address as I'm sick of looking for it & don't have time for all this shit or I'll go find another screen capture program. Email address in in my profile :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: thanks for wasting my time, not bloody impressed one bit.
Now I have to prove that I'm bloody human, what the hell do you think I am ? IDIOTS

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: WHAT LICENSE KEY ? LOAD OF CRAP
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 02:47 AM »
Just spent the last hour trying to get this bloody key, signed up to forum cause I can't afford to donate, been using Screen shot capture for years & this is the thankyou I get. bloody pain n the butt. Please email it to my email address as I'm sick of looking for it & don't have time for all this shit or I'll go find another screen capture program. Email address in in my profile :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: thanks for wasting my time, not bloody impressed one bit.
Now I have to prove that I'm bloody human, what the hell do you think I am ? IDIOTS

https://www.donationcoder.com/Keys/ - Not rocket science.

Since you cannot be bothered to talk like a decent human being, and instead decide to throw insults around, I'll leave it up to you to look at this as you don't deserve the effort to go the extra step for.

I'll go find another screen capture program.

Oh no...However will we manage without somebody throwing insults at us rather than asking a simple question in a polite way...or visiting the live chat option...or using the search function...

Seriously...You're a jackass.

Now I have to prove that I'm bloody human

It's called "anti-spam"...shame it isn't an "anti-asshat" function.

been using Screen shot capture for years & this is the thankyou I get

Let me translate this: "I've been using your FREE software for years that the developer has spent YEARS of his time creating and supporting, and yet somehow, I feel like YOU should be grateful to ME...so much so that I will come by the forum and act like a complete wanker in the meantime."

Seriously?

I'm gonna say this is the nicest way possible...and consider the fact I have been up for a long ass time right now....

Actually...never mind...I'm not gonna sink to your level...I've ranted enough now and quite frankly...you're not worth it.

jackij

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 02:59 AM »
Unlike most of you I don't have time to buggerize around for hours, I have a business to run. I have however found it & done what was instructed. Still not impressed so Im going to find a better screen capture program. BYE BYE

jackij

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 03:00 AM »
I'll say it for you shall I FUCK YOU

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 03:06 AM »
cause I can't afford to donate
-jacki
I have a business to run.

If you can't afford even $1 to donate to FREE software that you have used "for years", then business can't be going well then eh  ;D ;D ;D

Unlike most of you I don't have time to buggerize around for hours

Gonna just skip over the fact that you're on a forum for a thriving community of professionals ;)

Im going to find a better screen capture program

Yeah, good luck with that ;) - Feel free to drop by and review whatever you find!

I'll say it for you shall I FUCK YOU

Not what I was going to say, but OK :)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 04:02 AM »
been using Screen shot capture for years & this is the thankyou I get.

that one made me laugh out loud, I fixed it below:

been using Screen shot capture for years [for nothing!] & this is the thankyou I get.
Tom

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 04:07 AM »
been using Screen shot capture for years & this is the thankyou I get.

that one made me laugh out loud, I fixed it below:

been using Screen shot capture for years [for nothing!] & this is the thankyou I get.

;D ;D ;D ;D

I love how entitled this guy feels hahahaha "OMFG YOU GAVE ME SOMETHING FOR FREE AND NOW I FEEL LIKE YOU SHOULD GIVE ME WAY MORE EVEN IF I ABUSE YOU IN THE PROCESS OF ASKING"  ;D ;D ;D ;D

He failed to anticipate running into a heavily sleep deprived Stephen who could not give less of a f**k about his pissy ass probems  ;D

PS:

Hey tomos! Long time no see!!! :D

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 04:20 AM »
-Stephen66515 (May 19, 2017, 04:07 AM)

hi Stephen!
I been here the whole time :p (but not on irc...)
Tom

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 04:21 AM »
-Stephen66515 (May 19, 2017, 04:07 AM)

hi Stephen!
I been here the whole time :p (but not on irc...)

Gonna casually derail this asshats topic now :P

I've not been on either for ages - been mega busy with uni and general life haha - Hows things? :D

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 04:30 AM »
On a serious note though:
I often wonder about the people who mention commercial use, but according to their member status, have not donated.
I know what it's like to be self-employed, and yet have little or no work (just coming out of one of those phases): so I wouldnt presume that everyone *can* donate. Yet, at times it seems like making a donation is just not taken into the equation as a possibility, at times it look like it's not even considered.

overlapped with your post Stephen
study sounds good :up:
summary of my life above (!)
enjoying the better weather, playing boule (petanque) more seriously -- in a league, interesting to do something where one has to learn to empty the mind, focus, and be grounded to play well: very zen really (at which I'm still not doing very well FWIW, but not stressing, it's the most basic league)

Tom

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 08:11 AM »
I've got to say that in all the years I've been a member of this forum, the OP of this thread has got to take the prize for the most pompous, ridiculous and utterly obnoxious post I've ever seen here.

Jeddi Master Yoda says: The sense of entitlement is strong in this one.  :-\

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 08:27 AM »
I appreciate everyone defending the site, but let's remember that sometimes people have a hard time finding the page where you download the license keys (I think mostly it happens when people skip reading the left sidebar sections on pages).

Anyway, that can lead to some frustration..  As someone with a low tolerance for frustration I always sympathize with that feeling -- it's not uncommon for me to hurl a string of curse words at my computer (though I refrain from posting when I am in such a mood).

Bottom line -- let's remember that the best response to such posts is to politely point them to the license key page, and remind folks that they can always email me ([email protected]) for a license key if they have considered and decided not to donate.

There is no need to reply to insults with more insults (Stephen I'm looking at you).

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 08:50 AM »
Haven't enjoyed a thread so much for a while - Mouser you are a saint  :-*

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 08:55 AM »
Replying with insults is fun in these outlying cases- especially that he felt the need to reply to the post twice in order to double his insults.  And makes friday more fun!

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 09:53 AM »
That "been using" line though, hall of fame level 'customer'  ;)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 09:59 AM »
That was an interesting comment for the poster to make.. It's almost as if the world of free advertising-sponsored apps have made people think that they are generating revenue for us just by using our apps.  Let me clarify for folks that no one makes any money from DonationCoder software based on the number of users, installs, etc.  There is no adware, no bundled 3rd party toolbars, etc. that generate revenue for us.  [And no ads on the website that let us make money from people visiting the website].

Not only that but we pay a pretty hefty fee each month (over $300/month) to run the servers hosting the downloads, etc.  We're not complaining -- the donations from users still covers our costs -- but yeah, do realize that we aren't making any money just based on downloads/installs/users..
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:13 PM by mouser »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 11:38 AM »
If this is how the OP treats the author of free software he's been using for years just imagine how he treats his employees!  If there are any besides himself that is.   :)

Glad I don't work for that guy!   ;D
Indentured servitude will never die apparently!  ;)

Now that I'm wide awake I can decide what to do for lunch.  :)

michaelkenward

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • Broken monitor
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 11:53 AM »
Haven't enjoyed a thread so much for a while - Mouser you are a saint  :-*
-Carol Haynes (May 19, 2017, 08:50 AM)
Yup.
MK

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 12:08 PM »
Apart from the sainthood of mouser :) it is interesting to see how looking at things more objectively can be constructive:

That was an interesting comment for the poster to make.. It's almost as if the world of free advertising-sponsored apps have made people think that they are generating revenue for us just by using our apps.  Let me clarify for folks that no one makes any money from DonationCoder software based on the number of users, installs, etc.  There is no adware, no bundled 3rd party toolbars, etc. that generate revenue for us.  Not only that but we pay a pretty hefty fee each month (over $300/month) to run the servers hosting the downloads, etc.  We're not complaining -- the donations from users still covers our costs -- but yeah, do realize that we aren't making any money just based on downloads/installs/users..

not much to say here that hasn't been said before [thinking along the lines of the state of the free/paid software world and all in-between], beyond that I'm thankful that donationcoder continues to work the way it does, and that at least the basic bills are getting paid -- and yes, that *is* a hefty fee :up:
Tom

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 04:13 PM »
There is no need to reply to insults with more insults (Stephen I'm looking at you).

Look at me all you want...I call a spade a spade (or in this case, a jackass a jackass)  ;D

I may have ranted more than I usually would have done (sleep deprivation and all that), but I'm also sick of self-entitled idiots who think they deserve everything.  Yeah, the license key may be slightly frustrating to find (even I couldn't remember where it was the other day)...but is there any need to come onto the forum, screaming and swearing?  In any other "Customer Service" situation, he would have been simply told to f**k off, get out of the store, and not to return.  At least I directed him to where he needed to go BEFORE my rant ^_^  I'd say that's twice the help he should have got haha

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 08:20 PM »
^^^ What he said (but you don't get a halo)  :-[

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2017, 05:31 AM »
Bottom line -- let's remember that the best response to such posts is to politely point them to the license key page, and remind folks that they can always email me ([email protected]) for a license key if they have considered and decided not to donate.

My admiration for you has increased many folds, Mouser  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2017, 06:25 AM »
While that first post was amusing to read, judging by some of the responses it seems to me that the o.p. has achieved his goal.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2017, 07:35 AM »
While that first post was amusing to read, judging by some of the responses it seems to me that the o.p. has achieved his goal.
-cranioscopical (May 20, 2017, 06:25 AM)

A picture is worth a thousand words.   :)

Troll.pngWHAT LICENSE KEY ? LOAD OF CRAP

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2017, 05:42 PM »
Thank you, jackij, for making me remember I am not the only one. How very right you are; getting and activating a key can be such a frustrating procedure.

Please remember, this forum is not about sexual preferences.