topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 9:29 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Alan Wake Sunset Sale - 90% off during May 13-15.  (Read 4207 times)

worstje

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • The Gent with the White Hat
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Alan Wake Sunset Sale - 90% off during May 13-15.
« on: May 13, 2017, 02:24 PM »
The Announcement:

If you have not yet played Time Magazine’s 2010 Game of the Year, now is your final chance. Remedy’s Alan Wake is going offline from stores. This is due to the expiration of music license agreements for the game. Alan Wake’s American Nightmare is not affected.

For 48 hours, you can buy Alan Wake including DLCs and Alan Wake’s American Nightmare at a 90% discount on Steam.

If you already own Alan Wake – like the majority of the gaming population out there – you have nothing to worry about. The game will stay in your library and continue to work for you.

The Store Page

Worth noting is that the similarly-discounted Alan Wake Franchise Package also includes Alan Wake's American Nightmare, which is not discounted at all were you to buy it separately. This is probably an oversight, but I mention it just in case you only intended to buy one or the other.. :)

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Alan Wake Sunset Sale - 90% off during May 13-15.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 03:41 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!

This is probably an oversight

Maybe not - the announcement says that American Nightmare isn't affected by the music licensing that is forcing Alan Wake from being sold in the near future.

Additionally, both Gog and Humble stores are also offering 90% off (probably other game stores, too).  Gog's offering is DRM-free and Humble's gives you DRM-free downloads *and* Steam keys. Also, the separate "American Nightmare" is 90% off at both Gog and Humble.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 05:11 PM by mwb1100 »

worstje

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • The Gent with the White Hat
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 12:26 AM »
I should probably have checked those places. Since I ended up using some Steam wallet leftovers I never even considered it though, but that's definitely something people ought to consider!

Weird that American Nightmare seems to be getting different treatment on Steam than it is on GOG. Oh well, it doesn't really matter in the end. Enterprising souls will find a purchase option that suits them. :)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 11:46 AM »
Thanks. I already had it on Steam, and probably DRM-free on Humble, but I prefer GOG's DRM-free offering.

I wish Humble Bundle would team up with GOG to redeem DRM-free games on GOG.