topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 9:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: "Visit Website" Issue  (Read 6375 times)

jerryjg

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
"Visit Website" Issue
« on: June 07, 2017, 12:30 PM »
I have a permanent license key.  Don't use SC often but very helpful when I do.  One issue, when I try to activate SC, I get a pop up to visit website.  This stops the SC process and as far as I know, I have to go to the website first, close it, and then go on with the SC.  Am I missing a step or is there a workaround to avoid this?  Many thanks for any help.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: "Visit Website" Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 03:11 PM »
You did paste your license key into the "Enter New License Key Information" screen, and then clicked the Accept button? That should store the license key properly. Sometimes it is helpful, when settings won't 'stick' to shut down Screenshot Captor by closing all its screens and selecting Exit from the systray menu. This should definitely store all settings. Then start SC again.

I thought mouser fixed this issue of not getting the settings stored on system shutdown a few releases ago, but I'm not entirely sure :huh: Are you using the most recent version, v4.21.1 ?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 03:27 PM »
Once you put in your license key you should not see the pop up again.   With a permanent license key entered you should never see the pop up ever again.

This stops the SC process and as far as I know, I have to go to the website first, close it, and then go on with the SC.

This is not the case either -- the pop up can be clicked and will simply go away and you can resume using Screenshot Captor, whether you put in a license key or not.. The pop-up window does not stop SC from functioning it's just a reminder.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 03:49 PM »
Make sure you are putting your license key INTO SCREENSHOT CAPTOR and not just visiting the web page :)

jerryjg

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 05:02 PM »
My version did need an update and I think that has solved my problem.  Many thanks for all of the replies and the update reminder.