ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Feature request: Use mouse button to take a screenshot/capture

(1/1)

Asimuz:
Thanks for a great product, I have tried several different ones and yours is a piece of art - great work!!!

I take several screen captures daily and would be pleased if there was a functionality to use a mouse button to take a screenshot/capture.

In my case I prefer to use "Region" but I believe this could be applicable to several/all of the alternatives (could be choosen in the settings).

The use case would be:

I find the top left corner of the region I want to use and I press and hold a mouse button (mouse button & time to hold is set in settings) to start a screenshot/capture (similar to the mouse button settings in the application "Clipdiary").
or
I find the top left corner of the region I want to use and I press for example the middle mouse button to start a screenshot/capture.

This would eliminate the need to use the optional quick-capture bar or the configurable system tray icon.
I believe it would be a more efficient way to start a screenshot/capture, and in my case with 6-screens (currency trader) it would be magical :-)

Asimuz:
Another possible change, probably a really small one to implement is to be able to "shrink" the optional quick-capture bar even more.

To be able to only have a button "Capture" that is configurable in the settings (to choose type of capture).

To be able to have only a button, maybe even set the size in the settings (as small as possible :-)), it will only be taking a really small area of space on the screen (not being in the way for other important stuff beneath).

Thanks again for a great product!

mouser:
Welcome Asimuz, and thank you for the kind comments.

There are a bunch of options to help you minimize the size of the Quick Capture bar -- see the preferences tab labeled "Quick Bar and Post Cap"  -- the top half of that is all about removing stuff and making it smaller.

Now as for your idea to just use a mouse to do the captures.. I might revisit that when I overall the hotkey settings sytem to allow more flexibility there.
BUT, in the meantime, what you probably could do is find a 3rd party mouse "gesture" type program that lets you trigger certain hotkeys when you do certain things with the mouse.
Perhaps others can recommend such a tool.  And do let us know if you find one that does what you need!

Ath:
what you probably could do is find a 3rd party mouse "gesture" type program that lets you trigger certain hotkeys when you do certain things with the mouse.
-mouser (May 11, 2017, 01:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sounds like Just Gestures would fit that task just nicely. (Freeware, no longer maintained)
When in need of a little more power and possibly support, StrokesPlus should be a candidate. (Freeware, Lua-scriptable) (Both: no connections, just did a google search ;))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version