topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 4:10 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Unable to find or download license keys!!!  (Read 6419 times)

lorenj

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Unable to find or download license keys!!!
« on: March 09, 2006, 07:21 PM »
It all started by my running across flipbook printer and thinking that looks neat. Now I've spent about 10 minutes running in circles tryign to get a key to use it. On the front this looks like a good idea for software, but it is tryign my patience. Is there somethign really obvious i am missing here. 

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Unable to find or download license keys!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 07:31 PM »
sometimes its hard to see the forest for the trees - we apologize for the frustration and we're always looking for ways to make things simpler.

you can download a free license key from this page:
https://www.donation...r.com/Keys/index.php

youll find the link to that page all over the site, looking like this:
lkey2.png

and on the flipbook printer page itself like this:
lkey1.png

and also on the "Links and Info" page on the top navigation bar:
lkey3.png

actually now that i see that i think we should add the picture-based one to the software pages as well.

we're always open to suggestions on how we can make it easier to find this page, since i know it causes some consternation for some people.

lorenj

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 07:43 PM »
I'm sorry and i feel really dense and frustrated about now. What does a license key look like. I still seem to be stuck in circular web hell. Perhaps I'm jsut not lookign for the right thing. What is the file name for the license key for flipbooks? Double checked and verified my account is valid.

Lets see from the URL you gave me, I get to a page with a frame on the right side that talks about joining which ive done. On the left is a naviagation menu with quick links.

License key link help isnt really helpful
Quick downloads takes me to a page to download more software that has a little url at the top that says need keys click here which takes me back to the original page  AARGH!!!

Interestingly if i read down to the section that says freeware key in bold it says I am not yet a forum member, which is odd as i got an activation message and used it and am here now. So I am stuck. Looks like you have neat software well worth donating for and you philosophy of keys is good , but so far this has been more frustrating to me then the stupid microsoft keys which serve no useful purpose that i can figure out.

Thanks, Lorenj

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 09:38 PM »
I'm sorry you are having troubles.
If it's any consolation we are going to be simplifying things in the near future.
So your struggles are in some ways helping others in the future :)

Having said that, I hope you will bear with us and not give up so that we can learn from your troubles.  If you don't give up I will help you until you get it figured out - you can always email me ([email protected]) for help.

1) When you visit that license key page (https://www.donation...r.com/Keys/index.php), it should recognize you by your forum id, as shown in the first picture, and offer you some license key links.  If it doesn't, perhaps you have cookies in your browser disabled and it can't recognize you?  If so, you need to turn them on!

2) After you click on one of those links you should be given a nice long license key starting with *r1...  As the instructions say in the second screenshot you just select this and copy it to clipboard, then go to the about box of the program and click the button to enter the license key.

See screenshots for more help.  And let me know if you get stuck.

tsaint

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Hi from the a*** end of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 10:29 PM »
I have a swf demo of getting a key ...
if mouser agrees I'll post the url here ... else pm me
tony
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 10:31 PM by tsaint »

arrams40

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 12:19 PM »
Hi - just donated $10 - tell me if this is a scam!!   Sarah

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 12:26 PM »
 :) sarah relax!! you are among friends now :)

i sent you a thank you for your donation already and you should have gotten another email with more info including activation code and license.  Check any spam folder in your email box - sometimes they get sent there.

feel free to email me directly ([email protected]) or send me a message on the forum if you can't find it; we'll get you sorted out and happy in no time.