topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 4:04 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Agnitio - Speech Recognition Program. [ New Version: Beta 1.02 ]  (Read 5483 times)

CoffeeAddict

• Joined in 2017
    • View Profile
    • Coffee Addict
    • Donate to Member
Hello everyone,
today I am going to talk about one of my favorite projects! It's called Agnitio and it is a voice recognition program. Agnitio, can do many things for you(mostly basic right now, since it is still in beta) like open Internet Browsers, Websites, Search Engines, System Tools and can also do some extra stuff like: Google Search, set an alarm, open the built-in maps, search for hotels, play music with the built-in music player, you can ask for any country's currency and last but not least, it can create a weather forecast for you and read it out loud! Below you will find some screenshots of Agnitio.

pic1.PNGAgnitio - Speech Recognition Program. [ New Version: Beta 1.02 ]  pic2.PNGAgnitio - Speech Recognition Program. [ New Version: Beta 1.02 ]  pic3.PNGAgnitio - Speech Recognition Program. [ New Version: Beta 1.02 ]  pic4.PNGAgnitio - Speech Recognition Program. [ New Version: Beta 1.02 ]  pic5.PNGAgnitio - Speech Recognition Program. [ New Version: Beta 1.02 ]  pic6.PNGAgnitio - Speech Recognition Program. [ New Version: Beta 1.02 ]  pic7.PNGAgnitio - Speech Recognition Program. [ New Version: Beta 1.02 ]

(Note: some information were erased from the Weather Forecast picture)

- More Information -
- Website
- Direct download
- Virustotal Results
Language used to program Agnitio: VB.net
What's my relationship with Agnitio: I am its developer  :)
Requirements: .NET Framework(4.5.2 and higher)

I am open to any kind of criticism.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 10:04 AM by CoffeeAddict »

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Agnitio - Speech Recognitio Program.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 07:29 AM »
Well, thanks for sharing.

Now, as anyone who knows me can attest, I'm slow on the uptake. Added to that, I've not yet had my morning coffee but...

just how do I elicit a response from Agnitio?

Good luck with the project, it looks interesting!

(Did you mean 'speech recognition', or is 'speech recognitio' a wink at the name of your software?)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 07:35 AM by cranioscopical »

CoffeeAddict

• Joined in 2017
    • View Profile
    • Coffee Addict
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 01:20 PM »
Uhm, I don't really understand your question. You just have to give a voice command and then Agnitio will execute the command given. The commands are listen in the main user interface!  :)

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 03:48 PM »
Uhm, I don't really understand your question. You just have to give a voice command and then Agnitio will execute the command given. The commands are listen in the main user interface!  :)
-CoffeeAddict (May 11, 2017, 01:20 PM)
Thanks for the reply. I'm having a little difficulty coaxing Windows 10 into responding to Cortana (it can) and speech recognition (some issues) and Agnitio (not at all initially but later very well).

When I did have Agnitio running it reacted very quickly with the caveat that I had three of everything for example, 'open command prompt' promptly opened 3 windows. I'll try on a couple of other machines. On my Surface Book, Windows updates seem often to hamper recording rather than enhancing it, particularly as they like to fuss with the firmware.

Anyway, nice work so far and I'll be interested to see developments in Agnitio

CoffeeAddict

• Joined in 2017
    • View Profile
    • Coffee Addict
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 11:59 PM »
Hello once again cranioscopical!

Thanks a lot for your feedback and I'm sorry for responding late(I'm in my exam period in university   :(). I have only two explanations on why Agnitio couldn't recognize you at first. First, it couldn't detect your microphone. Second, "training mode" algorithm was trying to catch up with your voice. Training mode feature is something that tries to get used to your voice so it can increase the recognition rate.
Also, I will take a further look in the "3 windows opening at the same time", since it's the first time someone reported that issue!

I'm glad to see you are interested in Agnitio! I'm currently working on an update.

I'd like to thank you once again for giving me some feedback!

CoffeeAddict

• Joined in 2017
    • View Profile
    • Coffee Addict
    • Donate to Member
Here's the changelog:
  • Improved Music Player (Music Player can now be controlled by voice)
  • Improved Speech Recognition
  • Added built-in Speech to Text
  • New security category(SafeWeb - it blocks inappropriate websites for kids and malicious websites)
  • Bug fixes
  • Slight User Interface adjustments
  • Moved to more secure update servers(https)
  • Improved code functionality in general
  • Changed some icons

- Direct download -
- Virustotal Report -

Note: Virustotal report, shows a detection ratio of 1/59. Rising Antivirus detects Agnitio as a threat. It is a false positive.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 10:15 AM by CoffeeAddict »