ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Problem with some keys/characters

(1/2) > >>

TucknDar:
Weird thing happens sometimes... Occasionally it seems my keys are "switched around" on the keyboard, for instance when I want to type the '?' character by pressing Shift+the key wit '+' and '?' on it, I get the '_' character. this happens with most of the special character-keys, like -,:'*() etc.

This doesn't happen on a global scale on the system, only in some applications (has happened in Miranda and Opera so far). When I restart the application, the problem is gone.

Any idea what could be causing this?

ps: I found the problem kind of hard to explain, so I'll elaborate if you want to...

mouser:
i seem to remember a sticky keys setting in windows that sometimes kicks in.. it's for accessibility problems.  that might be a clue.

TucknDar:
Thanks, but sticky keys are disabled (no pun intended  :-\ ).

Can't reproduce this... weird, but at least it doesn't happen very often  :huh:

jgpaiva:
I know what's happening. That has happened to me.
It's because when you press alt+shift (i think that's the combination), you switch to another keyboard layout. If you're not english, most probably you're switching to the english layout. (i'm saying this because i had the exact same problem).
Just search for it on the control panel and remove the english keyboard layout.

TucknDar:
I know what's happening. That has happened to me.
It's because when you press alt+shift (i think that's the combination), you switch to another keyboard layout.
-jgpaiva (July 17, 2006, 03:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
:D Thank you thank you thank you!  :Thmbsup: Boy, am I happy it was a simple solution like that

oh, did I say Thank you?! Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version