ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DonationCoder.com Mascot needed

<< < (5/6) > >>

Scott:
Why a cat?  It's supposed to be a DonationCoder.com mascot, not a mouser mascot.  I have zero artistic talent, but I know what makes sense, and something that goes along with coding seems to make sense.  An image of a keyboard with some coins scattered across it makes more sense to me than a cat.

JeffK:
I have always been impressed with the principles behind and the name and logo of the American Society for Quality progamme for schools, Koalaty Kids.  To my non American ears the US pronounciation of quality always sounded like koalaty.  I think it is a very clever name and a good mascot for this organisation.  Maybe we could dream up something similar.

http://www.asq.org/edu/kkid/index.html

Jeff

mouser:
An image of a keyboard with some coins scattered across it makes more sense to me than a cat.
--- End quote ---

maybe we need a pic of a cat hunched over the keyboard typing furiously :)

in all seriousness - your point is valid wrt a LOGO - we could use a new one of those too,
but i was talking here about a mascot for fun stuff.

having the mascot part of the logo might be the best combo though, so you're point is not out of line.
im not at all fixed on the idea of a cat.. could be like a little robot.

anyone ever see the pictures in david ahl's famous "Basic Computer Games" (either new or old) - something like that might be fun, a happy computer on wheels or robot.

regarding logo, it would be nice if it captured the spirit of community idea - and not be so centered around the programmer.

Scott:
Yeah, you're right--WTF was I thinking?  A keyboard for a mascot...

Let this be a warning to others:  Don't post if you've had less than 10 hours of sleep over the past 4 days.

But I still think the KB/coins would be a nifty logo.  :)

Foxen:
ammendment:
any budweiser-girl type ladies who would like to audition for the position of donationcoder.com spokesperson please contact me directly..
-mouser (June 28, 2005, 04:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
heh...uhm.. do I count? :p

My puppy, bergie, may be a good idea. shes a small german shephard... the image of a german shephard fetching something photochopped in... code? :)  I can get pics of her, ive got a good digicam just need a cardreader and card for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version