Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 28, 2014, 06:15:17 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: DonationCoder.com Mascot needed  (Read 10721 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: June 26, 2005, 12:35:12 PM »

we need an original mascot for donationcoder.com
something we can use for the upcoming DonationCoder.com club and tshirt, and maybe in new award logos..
submissions wanted.. fame and prizes await winner.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 12:38:56 PM by mouser » Logged
Scott
Resident Googler
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 05:02:52 PM »

I have the artistic skills of Hellen Keller, but if I had a lick of talent, I'd make a mascot who was a bum in front of a keyboard and monitor, holding out his hat begging for pocket change.  [evil laugh].

« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 12:13:47 AM by Scott »
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 06:14:28 PM »

lol - i'm not sure that's the image we want to convey - though it's not totally inaccurate.
zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 12:19:27 AM »

what about something like a framed square of Matrix code (only with real code), and barring that, I tend to like GoDaddy.com's approach or the Budweiser Girls. They have nothing to do with coding, unless you count excellent genetic coding, and if nothing else, looks great on a cup. ;-)

Others can be found at http://maxysoft.com/3DMatrixCommunication.shtml

- zaine (on Google+)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 04:24:03 AM »

hahahaha -
zaine you are incorrigible smiley

i was thinking maybe a cute animal of some sort..
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 04:26:23 AM »

ammendment:
any budweiser-girl type ladies who would like to audition for the position of donationcoder.com spokesperson please contact me directly..
tenseiken
Columnist

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 12:21:12 PM »

I can see it now.  A TV commercial--mouser with a budweiser girl on each arm, each wearing a donationcoder.com babydoll t-shirt.  "So, ladies, what's your favorite website?"  and then, in unison, "donationcoder.com!"

My kinda commercial. mrgreen

-John
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005, 12:49:55 PM »

nah, donationcoder.com is a more of a family oriented site.
Jibz
Developer

Cold Warrior

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 01:14:59 PM »

Ok .. let the two girls be sisters then thumbs up mrgreen.

"A problem, properly stated, is a problem on it's way to being solved" -Buckminster Fuller
"Multithreading is just one damn thing after, before, or simultaneous with another" -Andrei Alexandrescu
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2005, 01:29:34 PM »

jibzy!
shame on you!
Jibz
Developer

Cold Warrior

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2005, 02:53:36 PM »

Sorry redface.

I got cought up in the spirit of the moment .. I caved in to the peer pressure!

It's all tenseiken's fault!!! boohoo

Thmbsup

"A problem, properly stated, is a problem on it's way to being solved" -Buckminster Fuller
"Multithreading is just one damn thing after, before, or simultaneous with another" -Andrei Alexandrescu
JeffK
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 04:40:51 PM »

smiley
Sentinel
Columnist

Generally confused

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2005, 01:13:19 PM »

I quite like the Mouser cat.

Designated "proofreading free" zone.
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2005, 02:12:08 PM »

i also like mouser's cat but isn't it from the simpsons - itchy and scratchy?

if so don't think you'd get around the copyright.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2005, 02:15:06 PM »

yeah thats from simpons - we definitely would need another original one.
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2005, 02:23:37 PM »

how about something similar to it but not so as to become a copyright issue?

can't be that hard to do a freaky looking cat cartoon??????
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2005, 02:42:19 PM »

i was thinking that it would be fun to have a new award logo that was like picture of cat holding up his paw - like showing 5 fingers for a 5 star award.  maybe a cats paw holding a globe smiley
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2005, 02:50:29 PM »

yeah, that would be nice, the 5 finger paw idea, etc.
Sentinel
Columnist

Generally confused

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2005, 03:06:49 PM »

Any gifted artists here?  thumbs up

Designated "proofreading free" zone.
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2005, 03:44:08 PM »

it's not for me to blow my own trumpet but i'll do a few things in illustrator after the graphics review is done if no one submits anything in the meantime.

it might provide a jump start if nothing else.

if anyone wants to scribble some ideas down, scan them in, then upload them; i'll happily tidy them up in illustrator if they need it - if they're chosen for the mascot.

Scott
Resident Googler
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2005, 08:29:01 PM »

Why a cat?  It's supposed to be a DonationCoder.com mascot, not a mouser mascot.  I have zero artistic talent, but I know what makes sense, and something that goes along with coding seems to make sense.  An image of a keyboard with some coins scattered across it makes more sense to me than a cat.

JeffK
Charter Member

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2005, 09:11:24 PM »

I have always been impressed with the principles behind and the name and logo of the American Society for Quality progamme for schools, Koalaty Kids.  To my non American ears the US pronounciation of quality always sounded like koalaty.  I think it is a very clever name and a good mascot for this organisation.  Maybe we could dream up something similar.

http://www.asq.org/edu/kkid/index.html

Jeff
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2005, 09:36:58 PM »

An image of a keyboard with some coins scattered across it makes more sense to me than a cat.

maybe we need a pic of a cat hunched over the keyboard typing furiously smiley

in all seriousness - your point is valid wrt a LOGO - we could use a new one of those too,
but i was talking here about a mascot for fun stuff.

having the mascot part of the logo might be the best combo though, so you're point is not out of line.
im not at all fixed on the idea of a cat.. could be like a little robot.

anyone ever see the pictures in david ahl's famous "Basic Computer Games" (either new or old) - something like that might be fun, a happy computer on wheels or robot.

regarding logo, it would be nice if it captured the spirit of community idea - and not be so centered around the programmer.
Scott
Resident Googler
Charter Member

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2005, 09:53:38 PM »

Yeah, you're right--WTF was I thinking?  A keyboard for a mascot...

Let this be a warning to others:  Don't post if you've had less than 10 hours of sleep over the past 4 days.

But I still think the KB/coins would be a nifty logo.  smiley

Foxen
Mini-review Master
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2005, 01:43:59 AM »

ammendment:
any budweiser-girl type ladies who would like to audition for the position of donationcoder.com spokesperson please contact me directly..
heh...uhm.. do I count? :p

My puppy, bergie, may be a good idea. shes a small german shephard... the image of a german shephard fetching something photochopped in... code? smiley  I can get pics of her, ive got a good digicam just need a cardreader and card for it.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.046s | Server load: 0.14 ]