topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:51 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How to uninstall games from Win8.1  (Read 2827 times)

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How to uninstall games from Win8.1
« on: April 26, 2017, 05:39 PM »
hello!
When I bought my laptop, I installed some games to test Win8.1 (in pad mode) and I cannot seem to be able to uninstall them!
They are not in Control Panel and I cannot delete their folder! Any idea? That's so annoying!
thanks!

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: How to uninstall games from Win8.1
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 06:12 PM »
Go to that same view and right click on the tile.  There should be uninstall there, unless it is a program that is installed by default.

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 04:47 PM »
Go to that same view and right click on the tile.  There should be uninstall there, unless it is a program that is installed by default.

the problem is that they don't show up in that view!

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 02:52 AM »
hi Kalos
I have said elsewhere:
you *consistently* start threads without giving enough information -- this then has to be dragged out of you one question at a time. I need a lot of help on computer myself: I'm the opposite of an expert. One of the things I learned very quickly (I was told) is this: be as helpful as possible when asking for help. Give as much info as you possibly can, do research beforehand, and let them know what you found/didnt find. If a problem, try and fix it yourself: report on that. If you are helpful in these ways, you make the job of the person helping you much easier, and much more rewarding.
I'm no saint, I forget all that regularly, but I'm aware of it, and make up for it where and when I can.

now imagine you want to help some person who has made a post about uninstalling games:
what other info would you need / want in order to be able to help that person?

Requires a little thought maybe, and writing things clearly so we understand without too much effort or interrogation.
Tom