ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows XP Myths

<< < (17/20) > >>

Mastertech:
My other link is outdated yet show enough, more forums have him in "banned" group now.-dk70 (October 15, 2006, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
How many is that? Why not actually do the math instead of making sweeping statements attempting to imply I have been banned at all these forums when I haven't. I am not even banned at Avast were you incorrectly have already claimed.

Am I blind or did f0dder edit/delete one of his post? I send him a PM which he quoted here.-dk70 (October 15, 2006, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Probably just like how you just assumed I am banned from all these forums like some Firefox Fanboy said, you didn't check before you made the statement.

Which is only reason why I jumped in - would love not to. As said ALWAYS the same outcome. I told him not to go infight with this dude because that and link-spamming is only motive as has been seen on majority of all techy sites you know of!-dk70 (October 15, 2006, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Spamming? That is odd because I did not post this topic here. My "motive" is to educate people on these Myths and for some reason I still don't know why, try to get people to stop slowing their systems down. Mainly because I can't stand misinformation.

For years even, hence the milelong list of bans and warnings.-dk70 (October 15, 2006, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Years? Milelong list of bans and Warnings? Please provide evidence of this.

Again stating facts anyone can verify, not personal attacks.-dk70 (October 15, 2006, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes it is a personal attack since my whole discussion has been technical in nature not why you argued about something you don't understand (Windows Prefetching) at the Avast Forums.

Not relevant - or is it? His last trick, as you can see, is just to turn all arguments into "personal attacks" which he then expect to be saved from. Might even turn to moderator asking for help! Same old MT game. Anyway, feel free to quote it again f0dder, all considered I couldnt care less - though next time ask first. Not entirely pleased seeing my PM in public, ok exception from the rule though.-dk70 (October 15, 2006, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm really confused here, so calling me a "Troll" is what? Please explain this. My question is why you PMed Fodder some slanderous BS about a topic we are not even talking about?

True about Avast ADM and moderators - they should have banned you long ago. I told you they would already in 2005! Can see it miles away. Sadly you have the ability to drag some down to your level, possibly getting them into trouble, and generally taking advantage of the "good spirit", like here. Why my PM to f0dder which I sensed where obvious target since he dont submit and know too much... -dk70 (October 15, 2006, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
What should they have banned me for? Posting facts about Firefox that you don't like? If dragging people down to my "level" of Windows Knowledge is what you call, then that is an accomplishement.

Opposite you MT I did investigate features and details of prefetching, only you make a big deal of it. I gave you links to plenty of MS sources even.-dk70 (October 15, 2006, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
You crack me up, please post where you gave me these "links". And why you endlessly argued something you had no understanding of. If I recall you even refused to test it. Let I remind you CCleaner did exactly what I recommended and removed the useless "Old Prefetching Option" for the reasons I clearly stated. If it was no big deal they would have done nothing of the sort.

dk70 would you consider an option in a program that when run causes Windows to boot twice as slow and all your applications to load twice as slow a "BIG DEAL"? If not please tell what you do consider a big deal because apparently the performance of your system and others are not important to you, well they are to me.

YouCantCountTo5:
I would like to thank the "MasterTech" guy and the site administration for giving me that extra oomph to decide not to donate or return to this site. This thread has more than inspired this set of actions and the fact that it has been allowed to survive this long. I've sat in the shadows for about the past 3 weeks reading these forums and the fact that this thread has been allowed to continue for as long as it has and the long time members bad mouthed publicly rather than nailing the root of the problem in this thread, is the nail in the coffin to me.

Administrator, what is your direct email address so that I can send you more details as to why I will not be returning nor will I be recommending the site to others.

In closing, you have an OK site, but any site that places more value on trying to win over the "unchangable" user and what should be "Intolerable" comments and flaming over the value of its long time members is not a place I want to be a part of.

Thanks

YouCantCountTo5
Shaun Costello
Phoenix AZ

mouser:
you can mail me at [email protected] or send me a pm message through the forum.
i have the utmost respect for the long time members on this site - i consider myself good friends with f0dder and in fact.  i'll let them speak for themselves if they feel i've treated them unfairly.  i respect your views - i might suggest though that you may be reading too much into my criticisms of them.  i'm pretty sure they understand through my other conversations in private with them how much we value them.  it's more of giving them a friendly little rap accross the knuckles here to let them know that as long term members they are expected to lift up the forum in terms of friendliness and professionalism and courtesy, and not get drawn into the muck even if their tempers get riled up.

we do make an extra effort to make new visitors feel welcome, and try hard to keep things friendly and respectful, and make new visitors feel comfortable posting.  in general i think people know by now that i don't like locking threads - i tend to feel like it's better to let these things burn out on their own, which they inevitably do, rather than end with people still feeling like they wanted to get in one last word..

Carol Haynes:
Here, here - I too have come close to locking off the thread but retreated from that action as I don't feel comfortable doing it (or even suggesting it). Time to knock it on the head guys or Cody will be out with his razor sharp itellect to sort you out (not to mention a nasty nip from his beak!)

app103:
I don't see anything wrong in what mouser said/did.

I tried very hard to resist replying to mastertech's attacks on my point of view, and instead tried to lighten up the mood of this thread twice, with humor.

The point mouser was trying to make, and it is a beneficial one for this forum (or any forum for that matter) is if you think someone is a troll, don't feed them and they won't come back for more.

Sometimes it's easier said than done, though. And I think mouser handled it the right way.  Mouser was just trying to remind us of that.

I, for one, walk away from this thread a little better of a person than I was before....stronger...able to resist falling into traps and avoiding becoming part of a problem instead of the easy solution.

Thanks mouser.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version