ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

will Win 10 not 'do' a 1920x1080 monitor?

<< < (5/5)

tomos:
the technician and I misunderstood each other more than I could imagine was possible: After mounting the GeForce 710-2, as planned he also installed a Solid State Drive as my new C: drive. But then he deleted everything from my old C: hard drive, without first copying / moving / keeping anything => absolutely not according to plan! I now have a strong but empty computer.
-Curt (April 27, 2017, 11:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

ouch!
that was really bad . . .
[hope you didnt lose too much or any really important stuff]

Curt:
thank you for the empathy, tomos.

I have more than 95% in doublet.

However, because of the chock, I didn't notice until a couple of hours ago that the operating system now is "Home", and the Microsoft robot refuses to re-accept the 'Pro' key that I activated a week ago. I have not had any chance to de-activate it, because I didn't imagine it would be necessary, and even if I had known, I don't know how to de-activate a Microsoft Windows key; I merely assume one can do it.

Modified:
------------

Better rating, but still not great.

will Win 10 not 'do' a 1920x1080 monitor?

I realize the 9.9 is of no interest: >"We no longer run the D3D test. Returned scores and metrics are hardcoded sentinel values.">NoD3DTestRun

You can run this WEI test yourself: "Open an administrative command prompt and type winsat formal -v -xml c:\winstatresults.xml.  This will run the full formal test".

Curt:
regarding information about the system, I really like this small nfo file:

SystemInformation.nfo.zip, 64kb zipped, 1.38 MB unpacked (1.451.502 byte)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version