topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:19 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Anyone know german?  (Read 6097 times)

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Anyone know german?
« on: March 26, 2017, 06:01 PM »
hello!

anyone know german?
can you tell me please what this menu says?

thanks!

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Anyone know german?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 06:39 PM »
I'd suggest you copy and paste the text into Google Translate...    :)

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 06:46 PM »
 ;D
I need to OCR first!

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 07:18 PM »
1. http://www.onlineocr.net/  -->

Rahmendaten
Art des Praktikums / der Abschlussarbeit: (Erforderlich)
--Bitte auswählen--
--Bitte auswählen--
Pflichtpraktikum im Rahmen einer Studien-, Schul- oder Ausbildungsordnung Abschlussarbeit im Rahmen einer Studien-, Schul- oder Ausbildungsordnung Pflichtpraktikum mit anschließender Abschlussarbeit im Rahmen einer Studien-, Schul- oder Ausbildungsordnung von der Bundesagentur für Arbeit gefördertes Praktikum Freiwilliges Praktikum zur Orientierung für eine Berufsbildung oder für die Aufnahme eines Studiums Freiwilliges Praktikum begleitend zu einer Berufs- oder Hochschulausbildung

2. Google Translate -->

Cream data
Type of course / thesis: (Required)
--Please select--
--Please select--
Compulsory internship within the scope of a study, school or training program Final thesis within the framework of a study, school or training course Compulsory placement with subsequent thesis within the framework of a study, school or training arrangement by the Federal Agency for Work-supported Internship Voluntary internship for orientation for a vocational training Or for the admission of a study voluntary internship to a vocational or university education

So it looks like the translation didn't do the line breaks, but you can probably get the gist of it.

Total process time, about 3 minutes, including searching for online OCR and copying/pasting.  :P
vi vi vi - editor of the beast

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 08:24 AM »
anyone know german?

Nein.

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 03:51 PM »
1. http://www.onlineocr.net/  -->

Rahmendaten
Art des Praktikums / der Abschlussarbeit: (Erforderlich)
--Bitte auswählen--
--Bitte auswählen--
Pflichtpraktikum im Rahmen einer Studien-, Schul- oder Ausbildungsordnung Abschlussarbeit im Rahmen einer Studien-, Schul- oder Ausbildungsordnung Pflichtpraktikum mit anschließender Abschlussarbeit im Rahmen einer Studien-, Schul- oder Ausbildungsordnung von der Bundesagentur für Arbeit gefördertes Praktikum Freiwilliges Praktikum zur Orientierung für eine Berufsbildung oder für die Aufnahme eines Studiums Freiwilliges Praktikum begleitend zu einer Berufs- oder Hochschulausbildung

2. Google Translate -->

Cream data
Type of course / thesis: (Required)
--Please select--
--Please select--
Compulsory internship within the scope of a study, school or training program Final thesis within the framework of a study, school or training course Compulsory placement with subsequent thesis within the framework of a study, school or training arrangement by the Federal Agency for Work-supported Internship Voluntary internship for orientation for a vocational training Or for the admission of a study voluntary internship to a vocational or university education

So it looks like the translation didn't do the line breaks, but you can probably get the gist of it.

Total process time, about 3 minutes, including searching for online OCR and copying/pasting.  :P

:-*

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 08:16 PM »
anyone know german?
Nein.

Reminds me of the puzzle: What is the question, the answer to which is "9W"?

- to which, the correct question to ask is:
   Herr Vagner, is your surname spelt with a "V"?    :D

...and another puzzle: What is the question, the answer to which is "Doctor Livingstone I presume"?

What is your full name please, Doctor Presume?     :D

Ah, I slay me.

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 08:24 PM »
Reminds me of the puzzle: What is the question, the answer to which is "9W"?

Herr Vagner, is your surname spelt with a "V"?    :D

This is wrong in two possible ways.

Either "9W" is pronounced English or it's pronounced German.
If English: The "W" word does not have any equivalent in German. What the fuck is a "Nein Dabbelju"?
If German: The "9" is a Neun ("nojn"), not a Nine.

You failed this one.

...and another puzzle: What is the question, the answer to which is "Doctor Livingstone I presume"?

What is your full name please, Doctor Presume?     :D

Huh?  :huh:

Ah, I slay me.

Good!

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 12:42 AM »
@Tuxman:
Congratulations! On the first puzzle, you passed the pedantic test that I would apply.
You are thus half-way to being cordially invited - as a probationary member - to join TASOP - The Anonymous Society of Pedants (formerly The Society of Pedants; formerly The Pedants' Society; formerly The Pedant's Society; formerly The Pedants Society), and of which I am currently the Anonymous Chairman (so please don't refer to me by name as it may be a different person tomorrow as the role is randomly rotated, anonymously, amongst members).

By the way, the first puzzle/answer combo was provided on a BBC World Service panel game some years ago (I think it was "Does the team think?", or something like that), and I noted it down as I found it amusing, though not entirely correct. However, because it was not entirely correct, I considered that it would make an ideal test of the first of the two primary criteria necessary for invitation - as a probationary member - to the membership of TASOP.
Those two criteria are:
  • (a) the demonstration of pedantry and
  • (b) the demonstration of good general knowledge or the capacity to expand one's general knowledge in order to understand something.

Failure to meet either or both of these criteria means a failure to be invited to TASOP as a probationary member. Probationary membership is by invitation only. Following acceptance of the invitation, probationary members may enter into full membership, but only after acceptance by majority vote by the full members, following the successful conclusion of at least three debates that all probationary members have to take part in to gain entry and which demonstrates each probationary member's ability to satisfactorily meet the two criteria (above) to a consistently sustainable level. There is no honorary membership status. Full members who are not or do not wish to be actively involved in TASOP may retire or be retired from active membership with the status of Fellows of TASOP and are free to subsequently return to full active membership later, if they so wish and can find the time/energy to be actively involved.

On the second puzzle (sourced from the very same BBC program as was the first puzzle), you unfortunately failed to demonstrate both good general knowledge and the capacity to expand one's general knowledge in order to understand something.
Regrettably, I am therefore unable to extend a cordial invitation to you to join TASOP as a probationary member. Better luck next time, if there is a next time.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 12:48 AM by IainB »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 05:27 AM »
Either "9W" is pronounced English or it's pronounced German.
If English: The "W" word does not have any equivalent in German. What the fuck is a "Nein Dabbelju"?
If German: The "9" is a Neun ("nojn"), not a Nine.

yeah, for a native german speaker it wouldnt work without effort -- the only solution is he's reading english, but speaking a sort of denglish.
Tom

ceotyralindsay

• Participant
  • Joined in 2022
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2022, 04:31 AM »
hello!

anyone know german?
can you tell me please what this menu says?

thanks!
Perfect way:
1.Go to site: https://image2texts.com/
2. Upload image from your device (computer or phone) OR drag and drop your image into the upload frame
3.select the language to german
Optical character recognition engine converts text in images to documents
Then you can copy the text content to MS word or you can download it
Hope you solve the problem
Good luck!