topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 8:00 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Trial Gillmeister Word Text Replacer  (Read 2795 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Trial Gillmeister Word Text Replacer
« on: March 16, 2017, 08:17 AM »
I am trying

WTR

I don't understand the use of "Insert special character" because I don't see effects.
Can you try to see what happens ?

:-*

The program seems, as wordpipe, a powerful tool to replace string in several word documents and others.

It seems codes but when apply only appear the literally content in my case.

:-*

AsusPortatil - 16_03_2017 , 13_14_27.pngTrial Gillmeister Word Text Replacer

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Trial Gillmeister Word Text Replacer
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 11:47 AM »
Holy crap...that taskbar! :P

Anyway, with special character they mean here: characters that Word isn't showing you (when you use the default Word settings).

The ASCII table knows about a lot of characters, including the common ones you use to type texts in Word. Word uses a lot of the characters outside the standard ASCII table range to mark where certain features start and stop inside a Word document.

If you are familiar with those, you can quickly add or remove these features with one or more search-n-replace actions in several Word documents at once.

Word can show you where those special characters are used inside a document by enabling this option in the ribbon interface. That option will help you to get familiar with these special characters.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 12:11 PM »
Holy crap...that taskbar! :P

Anyway, with special character they mean here: characters that Word isn't showing you (when you use the default Word settings).

The ASCII table knows about a lot of characters, including the common ones you use to type texts in Word. Word uses a lot of the characters outside the standard ASCII table range to mark where certain features start and stop inside a Word document.

If you are familiar with those, you can quickly add or remove these features with one or more search-n-replace actions in several Word documents at once.

Word can show you where those special characters are used inside a document by enabling this option in the ribbon interface. That option will help you to get familiar with these special characters.
But have you tried ?
I am going to enable this in the ribbon and comment.
Actually when inserting these codes are not recognized by word 2010. I only get if is a replace the literal expression.

If I put ^s that is precisely what  I got replaced.

It's the inverted P ?

I supposed the special character is to be inserted in the old and new values in the program.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 09:11 AM »
I am downloading videos about find and replace with windows.
Those options are equal.
Seems that you can use the special characters individually, not mixing.
 :-\