ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Arizona sunsets

(1/47) > >>

Arizona Hot:
The purpose of this thread is to provide @IainB with sunsets (and maybe others) and not fill Show us the View Outside Your Window with them.

Arizona sunsets

IainB:
Aww, thanx, @Arizona Hot.    :-[
Hey, that one's a really nice shot. Good camera/lens.

Arizona Hot:
And it is considered a point-and-shoot or travel camera.

tomos:
And it is considered a point-and-shoot or travel camera.
-Arizona Hot (March 17, 2017, 08:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

but it has manual setting too doesn't it?
I cant remember the model name, but remember checking it out when you mentioned it before: looked good to me (whether using manual or auto).

Best thing to do with a new camera I think, is to go through all the settings to see what changes are possible. And if you dont understand things, look them up at some stage in the manual (which can take years if you're anything like me).

My first year with a digital camera, I had it set to auto, but with center/spot metering and focus. Sometimes auto will make a scene too light or too dark, I could compensate by focusing the camera on one area (e.g. an extra bright area) and then keeping focus (keep button half-pressed) and reframe the image to what I want. That way I could mostly make the image brighter or darker.

(apologies if telling you stuff you already know.)

Arizona Hot:
but it has manual setting too doesn't it?
-tomos (March 18, 2017, 11:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Definitely, but I haven't needed to use them and like you said it would take a long time to learn how to set them. These are casual pictures. I am not seeking artistic or photographic perfection or exotic attainment. If you want the manual you can get it here or it is attached below.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version