ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Extracting paragraphs from a word file (doc, rtf, docx)

(1/6) > >>

Contro:
I need a script to :

1) Store a set of strings to be found in a word document. (and the number of lines to collect...)
2) Find those strings in the word document selecting the entire paragraph (several lines usually) associated and saving to a csv file.

The string always begin in an unique way , but the content may vary from one case to another. That's why i need to scan the file.

I need an array of data.

Is it possible ?

:-*

It's like a collector of keys in a word file.
We can edit the csv file later and establish other connections....

Ath:
Well, I've done a custom text processing app a couple of years back (in fact, exactly 5 years ago today I released version 1.0.0.0...): ScriptLineCounter

It is quite complex to grasp at first, and poorly documented, so do read the linked DC thread, but it may be of help/interest to you 8)

Contro:
Well, I've done a custom text processing app a couple of years back (in fact, exactly 5 years ago today I released version 1.0.0.0...): ScriptLineCounter

It is quite complex to grasp at first, and poorly documented, so do read the linked DC thread, but it may be of help/interest to you 8)
-Ath (March 16, 2017, 08:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
Running to try.

For doc word documents or txt files ?
I know this is not an easy question because after a time I come back to make the question again....

:-\

Ath:
SLC handles txt, doc, docx, odt, pdf and csv files for its specific task (afair), maybe the type of filtering you need can be accieved by, or added to, it.

Contro:
SLC handles txt, doc, docx, odt, pdf and csv files for its specific task (afair), maybe the type of filtering you need can be accieved by, or added to, it.
-Ath (March 17, 2017, 12:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I know ! . I take a look at the post you sent me. The filter may be not extract all the lines, only the ones according to text finding. We'll talk about this. I am very interested. And anything you can do is welcome.

Best Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version