topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Calling all BCB Contest Entrants - Post a Hello On This Thread  (Read 19807 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I'd like to invite all entrants to the bcb contest to post a little hello here and introduce yourself if you like, and tell a little about the program(s) you submitted if you feel like it.

Let's get to know each other a bit!

ps. I will be posting an update about the contest in the next day or so.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 02:30 PM by mouser »

Renox

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Calling all BCB Contest Entrants - Post a Hello On This Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 04:13 PM »
My name is Carl (Renox on the forums). I am taking computer programming classes. I specialize in using Borland C++ Builder. It's been my favorite IDE for about a year now. I am new to the programming world but listening to and learning everything that I can to learn more about Visual C++. I created Vortex Chat, which is a web-eccentric application that uses both a server and a client socket to handle all of the outgoing/incoming messages. Check out the post for it in this "Borland C++ Builder Contest" section of the forums.

martyjn

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Internet Games
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 05:29 PM »
HI my name is marty (martyjn)
I completed an IT degree a few years ago but never found any useful work with it.I am a sinlge father if three small kids my eldest is 6 so they keep me very busy.The entry that i am working on is a network chat/game program.Gamechat connects across any TCP/IP network (lan or Internet) to allow to users to play norts and crosses,checkers,chess,reversi(tribolo) and chat.I will be adding more board games in the future and card games as well.
marty

tchikien

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 03:56 AM »
Hi my name is Kien (tchikien)
I live in Vietnam, I am a software developer and I love BCB, it is very easy to work with than VC++. I have a 3 years old girl, and she's very lovely.
My entry is PhpWebServer - with source codes. It support PHP and ASP.NET, I plan to make it work with JSP too.

Smirf

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • SMIRF -> OCTOPUS Chess Project
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 04:23 AM »
Hello, it's Reinhard writing from Munich, Germany. Borland Developer Studio still is great, even when now some OO development features of BCB for C++ have been extinguished, which is almost unbelievable. I have entered a chess playing program pair consisting of a GUI as exe and an engine as DLL. It covers several 8x8 and 10x8 chess variants. Unfortunately my invention of the 10x8 Capablanca Random Chess for computer chess competitions is not well known, but it would be ideal for chess program development and engine competitions.

trachx

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 02:55 PM »
Hi, my name is Piotr. I live in Bialystok, Poland. I am a database programmer (Progress 4GL). I have entered a small educational program/tool using dictionary and given text to produce list of words which can be imported by SuperMemo (vocabulary learning software). Unfortunately I failed to use Unicode in this tool, so both languages - native and foreign need to use the same locale or diacritic sign will be lost.

mjfreelancing

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • MJ Freelancing
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 07:35 PM »
My name is Malcolm Smith from Sydney, Australia.

I've been using C++Builder since version 1, developing security/compression components for other C++Builder users.  I am currently writing an extended framework (MJFAF) that sits on top of the VCL.  I hope to make MJFAF available to users in the near future.

My submission to the contest is a comprehensive cleaning tool for developers (or anyone who generates a lot of temporary files).  The tool uses a large number of features from MJFAF which made development extremely fast and stable.
Malcolm Smith
MJ Freelancing
http://www.mjfreelancing.com

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 08:08 PM »
Great to see people chiming in here  :Thmbsup:

What do you guys think about us making a kind of gallery page with screenshots and blurbs about your programs, and download/webpage links if you want?  It might be nice to get some attention to your programs if and when you are ready to share them with the world.

I know a few of you have expressed reservations about revealing your programs before the end of the contest.  I'd like to encourage you to be make them available now but it's completely up to you.

If any of you are interested in making a web page for your donationware programs we can make some space available for you as part of the thanks for taking part in the contest.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 02:46 PM »
welcome everyone so far!

can i encourage everyone who hasn't made a post in this section about their program with a screenshot, do so, by starting a new thread in this section and attaching their program for others to download and try (if you want to).  If you need help figuring out how to do it don't hesitate to email me ([email protected]) and I can help.

if you prefer not to do so before the contest ends, that's ok too.

but if you do make a post about it, we can add it to this page:
https://www.donation...ests/bcb/entries.php
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 03:02 AM by mouser »

C++Speaker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 02:26 AM »
Hello, it's Gianni from Italy. I'm a programmer and I have entered a Minesweeper helper program.
I like C++Builder and I'm using it starting from version 4.
 :Thmbsup:

TPReal

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 04:27 PM »
Hello.
My name is Tom (Tomek in Polish), I'm third year's student of Control and Robotics on Poznan University of Technology.
My entries to the contest are: TPXonix (multiplayer version of an old game), HTTPJupiter (internet utility) and TPCube (a game that allows you to find out whether your brain is male or female :) ). You can download and test them. I'd be happy to know your oppinion.
I have been using C++Builder for about a year, before that I had been using only Delphi, now I cannot stand Pascal and use only C++.
I'm this year's Imagine Cup finalist on Algorithm invitational, what surprises me a lot :) At the beginning of August I go to India to compete in the finals. Wish me good luck :)
TPReal.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 09:51 AM by TPReal »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 04:33 PM »
welcome to the site tomek and gianni and any others i missed above  :-*
really nice to see you all here.

(ps. tpreal you havent posted the cube game yet.)

relipse

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • I love Jesus. Coding in PHP primarily.
    • View Profile
    • See my GitHub
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 08:51 AM »
Hello, i am a student of University Maryland Baltimore County (www.umbc.edu). I am about to graduate with a BS in COMP SCI in Dec. 2006
I submitted Pandemic List and Oracle SQLPlusPlus. I love coding in C++Builder
and I am ready to submit more apps, but I don't have a lot of time working 9 and 10 hour days for Lockheed Martin...

I have a webpage at www.xhirl.com
I also am a chess expert according to USCF ratings.

Sorry it took me so long to say something
Thanks a lot mouser!

Ex C++Builder coder, current PHP coder, and noob Qt Coder

Shed

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2006, 06:10 AM »
Hello, I'm Shed aka Israel from BCB-Tools

i see much variety of programs, and the final "programs" see very un-finnished, i meant, we all can't have enough spare time for have it how we want and probably all of us have in mind some others enhacments for our own stuff....but in general, is a bunch of miscellaneus utils, ("and in variety, it's the taste" like we say here)....talking about my entries, the Mp3 portable Ripper is made mainly, because i usually listen a San Francisco Groove salad station and want have a CD audio session for listening on the car...the DosBox and ScummVM front end (mostly DOSBox front end) is made for make life easier when we're trying emulate a DOS console for abbandonware games....the other example, is only source-code testing TDx sound buffers (as a tutorial, learning reading the sources) and all this software is made some months before i know the contest, then i see the contest and send to the donationcoder FTP account....

perhaps i can sell it...but i preffer have totally freedom to make it if our relation enhanced with Borland...by the momment i made a lot of things only for have good utilities for daily work....and as freeware stuff ...

about my personal career, since i discovered Turbo C 3.0 of old DOS systems, i'm together with they because Borland compilers is neat and shiny...and the applications works with a failsafe rate very high....no surprises with bugs...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 06:23 AM by Shed »

Blaster

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 09:56 AM »
Hello, i'm Darko (Blaster)

I entered this contest with my friend and collegue Nikola.

We posted SQL Advanced Manager v1. It's a great tool to help you learn SQL, work with SQL and work with databases, especially when developing a programme...

We live in Montenegro, Europe.

We are students of applied computer sciences here in Montenegro.
We are C,C++,Delphi,PHP,ASP,Flash,SQL,Matlab,Html programmers, but we like Borland C++ Bilder most of all!!! It's the best thing man has ever made !!

If only we had more time, we would participate with more great programms...

Good luck to all!

Mouser, thank you for this great web site!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 09:58 AM by Blaster »